Ebay negative feedback rant

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
The wife and I have had a great time on ebay and bought and sold several things. The wife puts my two year old in beauty pageants and buys the dresses on ebay and the sells them later.<br /><br />We sold one dress a month ago and then this week the buyer came back with negative feedback stating the dress was junk and I never returned e-mails.<br /><br />The dress was not junk and she never e-mailed me. She is lying 100%.<br /><br />The funny twist is that the buyer listed on ebay the dress she bought from us less than one week after we shipped it to her. In her description she claimed her daughter won several awards with this dress. There was no way possible she could have been in any contests in this short of a time period, and the contests she claimed to have won, hadnt even occured yet. She also used my daughters pictures (with the face blurred) in her listing. In other words she lied in her listing.<br /><br />I just cant believe anyone lives in this world lieing like that. They must live horrible lives.<br /><br />Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.<br /><br />Ken

ZmOz

Captain
Re: Ebay negative feedback rant

That's the only thing I hate about ebay...they really need to do something to change the feedback system. In 4 years selling on ebay I have 150 positives and 2 negatives from dumbasses who never even paid. As a seller I'm afraid to leave negative for most people that deserve it because I know they'll do it to me even though I don't deserve it. <br /><br />For you, first of all, you can complain to ebay that she is using your pics and they will end the auction. Did you leave them negative? About a year ago a seller REALLY screwed me, so I signed up for a second ebay username and won all of his auctions for like a month...and left negative for every one. :D He deserved it...

Link

Rear Admiral

NP Ken :) <br />Sounds like you had good reason to rant! <br /><br />ZmOz<br />
so I signed up for a second ebay username and won all of his auctions for like a month...and left negative for every one. He deserved it...
Bad ZmOz Bad ZmOz<br />Sometimes you just gots to do whats ya gots to do :D <br /><br />Some say that nothing happens with out a reason=your rant. I promised my MIL that I would make a real effort to learn how to sell on ebay this weekend and I had forgot until reading this. <br /><br />I'm going to make a post in "non-boat tech" to get some answers and wouldnt mind if you guys stopped by to give a hand.

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> The wife and I have had a great time on ebay and bought and sold several things. The wife puts my two year old in beauty pageants and buys the dresses on ebay and the sells them later.<br /><br />We sold one dress a month ago and then this week the buyer came back with negative feedback stating the dress was junk and I never returned e-mails.<br /><br />The dress was not junk and she never e-mailed me. She is lying 100%.<br /><br />The funny twist is that the buyer listed on ebay the dress she bought from us less than one week after we shipped it to her. In her description she claimed her daughter won several awards with this dress. There was no way possible she could have been in any contests in this short of a time period, and the contests she claimed to have won, hadnt even occured yet. She also used my daughters pictures (with the face blurred) in her listing. In other words she lied in her listing.<br /><br />I just cant believe anyone lives in this world lieing like that. They must live horrible lives.<br /><br />Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.<br /><br />Ken
A pageant mom? That's about right. Your wife aside (because there are some people in these systems which are actually normal), however I have never seen more of a shifty crowd in my entire life than what I see at beauty pageants. It's the Jerry Springer crowd if I've ever seen it.<br /><br />Unfortunately, as long as your selling to that kind of group, you're going to get this kind of stuff a lot. I know several people that are into these things pretty heavy and it's nothing but drama with them all the time.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Coach, I agree with you about the moms. I would say about 50% of them are that way, give dirty looks and all kinds of stuff when you are at the pageants. Horrible people.<br /><br />The other 50% are great. Luckily my wife is one of the great ones.<br /><br />If it were up to me, we wouldnt do it, but it is the wifes hobby. When the daughter gets to the age of 4-5, we wont do it anymore cause they wear makeup and dress up like little *****s. We wont do that to our daughter.<br /><br />Ken

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Did ya ever see the pagent pics of the Ramsey girl wearing tons of make up that was captioned "Daddy's Little Hooker" ?<br /><br />From a news story:<br /><br />University of Colorado fine arts major Paul Hidalgo, a senior from Littleton, found himself at the center of a media storm Wednesday when he hung a JonBenet display in a Fine Arts Building corridor.<br />The title: Daddy's Little Hooker.<br />Beneath those words, Hidalgo posted three color reproductions of a Newsweek cover photo in which the child beauty queen wore a crown of baby's breath.<br />The display, which was torn down twice during the day and rehung, drew a crowd of gawkers and horde of media.<br />Hidalgo, 21, said he created his display to "raise issues about child pageantry.''<br />"The ethics and morality behind them must be questioned. Exposing young and impressionable children to this very adult and superficial institution is a terrible thing,'' Hidalgo told the Associated Press.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> If it were up to me, we wouldnt do it, but it is the wifes hobby. When the daughter gets to the age of 4-5, we wont do it anymore cause they wear makeup and dress up like little *****s. We wont do that to our daughter.<br /><br />Ken
By that time, if she is enjoying it, she is going to throw a stinking fit if she cant keep competing and will never understand. They become "attention junkies". She most likly will hold you resposable forever. Not a good thought, but possibly true. I do not think this is even a good thing to even start. I hope Im wrong.

KaGee

Admiral

I would report the incident to the powers that be on Ebay.

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br />If it were up to me, we wouldnt do it, but it is the wifes hobby. When the daughter gets to the age of 4-5, we wont do it anymore cause they wear makeup and dress up like little *****s. We wont do that to our daughter.<br /><br />Ken
Those are the glitz pageant systems, which generally run at least $500 per pageant, not to mention the $1-3K dresses that they are expected to wear, the $800 portrait packages that are airbrushed to make the kids look like porcelain dolls with hair bigger than Dolly Pardon and make-up thicker than Tammy Faye Baker.<br /><br />There is more and more of a backlash lately against the glitz systems and natural pageants are becoming more popular. Personality is given more attention. Little to no makeup, "Sunday Best" dresses and age appropriate casual wear and the pageants are much less expensive... $80-$150.<br /><br />Plus, it seems that the people that are involved in these pageants are a *bit* nicer, though there are still plenty of the pompous dolts... both adult and kids.<br /><br />In short, pageants suck. I've been involved in them the last three years, including judging. If I see parents and kids like what has been talked about in this post, they are not scored very well at all. I don't score down for the parent's behavior because the kids can't control that, however unfortunately they are usually a mirror image of their mom.<br /><br />Yuck... I need a shower. :(

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I aint gonna worry about the feedback, to much trouble for one idiot. She and I have exchanged e-mails this weekend and it has confirmed others conclusions (as written in her feedback) that she is a psycho!<br /><br />It turns out she got this grandiose idea the dress was perfect and I never stated that in my ebay listing, in fact I mentioned the things that were wrong with it.<br /><br />Her last e-mail finally admitted that she was mainly upset about the way I shipped it to her. We shipped it to her just like we ship everything else. It will get flattened, after a while it will spring back out.<br /><br />Funny, she says she e-mailed me the day she received it, but I never got any e-mail. She had many ways to contact me, and never even tried.<br /><br />Anyway, I guess I will check out a buyers feedback before I sell to them. If psycho is mentioned, I will stay away.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Coach, what are the names of the pageant contests that use natural beauty?<br /><br />If the wife chooses to continue this, I might need that info.<br /><br />We have been in Sunburst only, and they are a huge ripoff. Seems like the winners "buy" their way into it.<br /><br />Ken

Homerr

Commander

Ken,<br /><br />Not only contact the EBay police, but go here and start a claim:<br /><br />EBay Square Trade<br /><br />I've had to use this once to get a negative removed.<br /><br /><br />H.