ebay idea - could I get a show of hands...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
remember that guy selling the ball of duct tape a while back?<br /><br />What about a big ol' tangled up ball of used fishing line?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: ebay idea - could I get a show of hands...

I'm thinking about renting my back out for the summer. They could get a lot of advertising on it.<br /><br />A ball of fishing line? Why not, they sell everything else on there.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

prolly will werk jtex, but you need a real creative ad to go along with it. Word smith away and let the creative juices flow describing the virtues of this very special ball of line collected from years of memorable trophy fish trips and add unbelievable side notes and stuff. Should work like a charm.....maybee.....

ZmOz

Captain

I once sold a fake styrofoam cell phone (advertised as such) for $20. :rolleyes: :D

Realgun

Commander

People are idiots just look at the ramps this weekend. :D <br /><br />I like the posseded teddy bear for sale a while ago on e-bay.

brother chris

Commander

How about selling powdered water. <br />Or cordless extension cords. 25ft for $9.99, or 50ft for $19.99 or 100ft for $39.99 <br />Come on, there are people who will buy them!

aspeck

Staff member

Spinner, I'd advertise on my back, but I would have to shave it first, and the stubble would drive me crazy. Guess I better pass!<br /><br />Hey, maybe I could sell the advert, then sell the ball of shaved back hair? a Twofer!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Okay, I had this great idea this morning, just need to flesh out the details:<br /><br />sell poker hands on ebay. Maybe 5 or 6 different auctions. Start with a single shuffled deck of cards. Maybe reveal one for each hand every day. Auction winners pay me, purchaser of the best hand gets ??% of total pot.

LubeDude

Admiral

I have a wad of fishing stuff hanging in my shed, it came from an old tackle box my dad had. Its quite large, it has old salmon plugs and spinners tangled up in wire leader. I always get comments on it when people see it. The friend I just had over even took a picture of it. He is an artist and I think he is going to paint it. I have thought about selling it on Ebay a couple of times.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

jtex, me thinks ebay would frown on that, it is gambling. :D <br />They just got doing some work here in my front yard and they dug up some stuff I don't know what it is I could sell on there I bet. :eek:

NYMINUTE

Captain

If it looks like Parass Hilton it ought to bring in some huge revenue. Same OD.