Ebay again

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Hey I list cars on e-bay. Yesterday I listed 7 and this moring I already answered questions which is typical.<br /><br />I "enjoy" the questions I get from users that registered the same day that I listed the item. I had to put a disclaimer on all the auctions that stated:<br /><br /> Okay....to resolve some of the "interesting" questions I have received I am adding the following: <br /> <br />Trades are accepted!<br /> <br />Laugh for the day!<br />If you are from some 3rd, 4th, or even 5th "World country" give me a break! I am not new to the e-bay site. Show up in person with American dollars and I will be glad to sell it. I will not accept "overpayment checks" nor will I send back cash! <br /><br />I am amazed at the newest crop of scam artists! <br /><br />In order to abide by the iboats rules I won't subject you to the links to the sites. Just search for item# 4549593699 on e-bay.<br /><br />Bob

Bob_VT

Staff member
Re: Ebay again

Ralph, About 3 hours. Right in the middle of VT Killington ski resort is in the same area.<br /><br />Bob

LubeDude

Admiral

Ya, I have sold a few cars on Ebay also, the questions you get are really something.<br /><br />Like: Does it have air conditioning? There is a picture that shows under the hood, Duh!<br /><br />Like: Does it have power steering? There is a picture of the engine compartment and under the car showing the steering box, Duh!<br /><br />Like: Does it have power brakes? There is a picture of the engine compartment that clearly shows that it does not. Duh!<br /><br />I guess we have to give some "None gearheads" a break sometimes.

Bob_VT

Staff member

LD it's not the people who are not gearheads that are asking the dumb questions....it seems like the opposite.<br /><br />It is that people just don't read! Shipping questions? Money questions? They just demonstrate qualities that they are either too lazy, don't read, or just do not understand.<br /><br />I really enjoy the ones who register the same day they ask the question. It is amazing how many people with negative feedback ask dumb questions.<br /><br />The best question/statement I have received was one who stated they could get the 2004 leftover cheaper at dealership X and would I consider that. Well... considering I have access to the nationwide GM computerized locate system I just know they are dumb. Some people even have the nerve to compare prices on vehicles not in the same class. How about comparing the 2004 Blazer to a 2004 Kia leftover!<br /><br />I guess it just gives me time to laugh! :D