Eating fish regularly delays dementia

LadyFish

Admiral
Eating fish regularly delays dementia: study <br /><br />1 hour, 25 minutes ago <br /><br /><br />Eating fish at least once a week slows the toll aging takes on the brain, while obesity at midlife doubles the risk of dementia, a pair of studies concluded on Monday.<br /><br />Omega-3 fatty acids contained in fish have been shown to boost brain functioning as well as cutting the risk of stroke, and eating fish regularly appears to protect the brain as people age, the six-year study of Chicago residents said.<br /><br />"The rate of (mental) decline was reduced by 10 percent to 13 percent per year among persons who consumed one or more fish meals per week compared with those with less than weekly consumption," wrote Martha Clare Morris of Rush University Medical Center in Chicago.<br /><br />"The rate reduction is the equivalent of being three to four years younger in age," she added in the report published online by the Archives of Neurology.<br /><br /> More..... <br /><br />Dang, its a good thing they didn't perform that study with iboats members, I think their findings might have been completely opposite. ;) :p :D

D

DJ

Re: Eating fish regularly delays dementia

Ha, what?<br /><br />Where are we?

treedancer

Commander

I swallow a gel cap full of caster oil every morning think that helps?

Fly Rod

Commander

:) And what do PCBs do to your system???? ;) :cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Yes treedancer,it helps.But are you sure that,that is your brain function???

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Yep... Eat fish once a week.....<br /><br />But what they did'nt tell ya is that those who ate fish one or more times a week died from mercury poisoning before dementia kicked in........<br /><br />Damned if ya do, Damned if ya don't.... :( <br /><br />Everything in moderation.... :)

KRS

Banned

Originally posted by treedancer:<br /> I swallow a gel cap full of caster oil every morning think that helps?
I swallowed the lid of the gel cap bottle, does that help?