Easter

Dunaruna

Admiral
This isn't a religious post, just interested in whether or not it's a big holiday season in the northern hemisphere.<br /><br />For us it's the second biggest holiday season of the year. For me, probably the last big boating holiday before winter arrives. I still boat during winter but not as much. We get a 5 day break from work and most industries shut down so there isn't much to work for anyway. As far as work goes, the weeks proceeding Easter are by far the busiest time of the year for me, everyone is going on a driving holiday and cars/caravans need servicing etc.<br /><br />I suspect it ushers in the boating season in your colder areas. How do you treat Easter?<br /> <br />Aldo

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Easter

A day that the family gets together for a mid day meal after going to a sunrise service and the kids hunting easter eggs at the farm.

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

In Canada good friday is a mandatory holiday. Easter Monday is a day off for gov. and schools.Seems its turning into another marketing opportunity for candy makers and card makers.Lots of families will get together for for supper. Not nearly as big as Christmas or Thanksgiving though.I usualy at least have my boat waxed and ready for the water bye now... but winter doesn't want to give up, we,ve been running about 10dgr. below average temp for this time of year in the great lakes. My plans include a trip up to Toronto, back on Saturday, and weather permiting getting my freinds Bass boat out of hibernation. Church service Sunday, And supper with the family Sunday nite.. Hope you enjoy yours!!!!!!!!<br /><br /> Jim

NYMINUTE

Captain

It is big for retailers. Another "gotta buy this" holiday. It as all holidays have become spend first, celebrate or honor later (if at all)<br />Hard to really embrace it sometimes.