Earthquake in Islamabad, 18000 dead

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Earthquake in Islamabad, 18000 dead

Anybody know if Osama is one of the dead?

KaGee

Admiral

Hmmmm.... God's judgement on the infidels?? :rolleyes: <br /><br />Bad news for our war on terror.

D

DJ

SOMEBODY will suggest that it is all those US bombs that weakened the fault.<br /><br />Mark my words.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I know that this was indeed a tragic event in Asia, but we also have a small and very poor country called Guatemala in which the majority of its population is in dire need of help due a recent hurricane.<br /><br />This country is our neighbour that is only two doors down, landslides followed the heavy rains buried entire villages and towns.<br /><br />The total dead and missing are untold as of yet, the news media coverage of this tragedy is loudly absent if not sparse at best :(

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I think it was all those Bush bombs that weakened the fault :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I never understand what people are thinking when they say, our god is punishing your country.<br /><br />Looks like we ALL took a big hit. Maybe the one god is angry with us all.<br /><br />All those people buried in those mudslides is terrible news.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> I know that this was indeed a tragic event in Asia, but we also have a small and very poor country called Guatemala in which the majority of its population is in dire need of help due a recent hurricane, this country is our neighbour that is only two doors down, landslides followed the heavy rains burying entire villages and towns, the total dead and missing are untold as of yet, the news media coverage of this tragedy is loudly absent if not sparse at best :(
Don't suppose it's racist do you?? Ya know, Latino's and all. And we sure don't want to offend them muslims any more ... do we? :rolleyes: <br /><br />I agree we should be doing more down there because it has a greater direct affect on the US. How many more will now try to make there way north and violate our borders?

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I cant believe people actully think God would do this.........Why would he have too? We do enough damage to our selves on this earth.

D

DJ

I cant believe people actully think God would do this.........Why would he have too? We do enough damage to our selves on this earth.<br />
mikeandronda,<br /><br />You could not be MORE correct.<br /><br />Religion (created by man) told us to be fearful, of God. That is exactly 180 degrees out of phase of the teachings of the Bible.<br /><br />In the Old Testament, God ruled the Earth, and he tried to make the sons of Adam comply. They did not. Thus, God made calamities.<br /><br />In the New Testament, he sent his only son-Jesus, to extoll us from our sins, of the past and future. That act, changed, EVERYTHING.<br /><br />In other words, God, no longer rules the Earth, Satan does, it is WRITTEN. God rules the heavens, far beyond. The Earth is up for grabs, the societies will make their own judgements, to their own glory, or peril. However, all is not lost. God, does have an army that will fight for the just. And, he wins.<br /><br />Religion is nothing more than man made "doctrines", using excerpts, from the pages, to his own glory and to CONTROL. Again, for man's own glory.<br /><br />I digress, Mikeandrhonda, I'm preaching to the choir.<br /><br />For the rest, a short lesson.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by mikeandronda:<br /> I cant believe people actully think God would do this.........
You do realize I was being sarcastic??

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Yes I did Kagee.....I was more commenting on how the alqida said the huricanes were from their prayers to alla and Im sure there are those who will say its Gods will that pakistan will be punished so thats where this came from.........Thats man made religious thinking not what I feel God would do in this day.......now if you read Revelations that will be a different story. I do believe God can and does use disasters to help people see theit need for God. I pose this question to Christians and non-Christians alike.....Would you agree that it seems there are more natural and man made disasters happining over the last 5 yrs or so and that there deadlness is growing as well. Im only 34 so I can only go on my lifetime but wow....its been a hard ride latly.

D

DJ

.....Would you agree that it seems there are more natural and man made disasters happining over the last 5 yrs or so and that there deadlness is growing as well. Im only 34 so I can only go on my lifetime but wow....its been a hard ride latly.<br />
Absolutely not. Read my last statement.<br /><br />Believing anything else is a cop out.<br /><br />As far the severity, who knows. Over the last five years we've seen a split in the news media that has sent them all scrambling for sensationalism/ratings. You know, idiots out in the storm and so forth. They can make a picnic look like a full blown riot, with the right editing.

Dunaruna

Admiral

30,000+ people dead. I would hazard a guess that the majority were avarage joe's just like you and me - albeit poorer.<br /><br />Is this really the time for smiley faces and debates about religion :( .

KRS

Banned

The earth was flooded once due to evil in the world. I do believe that calamity can be caused by an immoral and ungodly people. I do not think that just because your spouse dies or your car is stolen that you aren't living right and you are being punished, but destruction of the earth and it's inhabitants is a means available to He who created the earth and all those upon it.

KRS

Banned

True Dunaruna... I'm out. I hope that those who are in need of help are found, my prayers are with those in need in all countries, including ours.