Early Voter States - Question

aspeck

Staff member
How do these early voter states work? Are there certain times you can vote? Is it from now till Nov 2, an everyday thing? Since I am not from one of these states, I am just curious how it works? Do they give a running total of how the vote is falling? Are there numerous exit polls to help you see if you need to vote (or vote again)?<br /><br />It seems like it would make it easier for corruption to happen - so how does it work? Just curious.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Early Voter States - Question

Here is how it works in my part of town.<br /><br /> http://www.harriscountygop.com/sections/elections/04early.asp <br /><br />Where I vote, you show ID and they cross your name off a list to show you voted. List is made up of regestered voters in the precint #.<br /><br />It may have changed this year, I will probably vote Saturday or Sunday and will let you know.<br /><br />P.S. I think early voting is great. No more excuse of, I was busy Nov 2nd, or the line was too long. I have already made up my mind and wont change it, why should I wait.<br /><br />Ken

aspeck

Staff member

But what about early exit polls that show your vote probably won't mean anything anyway, only to find out that too many others felt the same way and didn't vote, and the loser comes from behind and wins?

SoulWinner

Commander

I voted yesterday. You go in and show your picture id and they fill out a form and then you sign the voter roll like you normally do, then you get the ballot. We have the kind where you draw a line to complete an arrow pointing the candidate of your choice. Then you put the ballot in a machine that is like dollar slot on a coke machine, and it sucks it in, recording your vote and there is a numercal display that shows what number you were. I was #350 something.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Only a moron would not vote because they think their vote doesnt count... Morons should not be allowed to vote... Problem solved. :D :D :D <br /><br />Just kidding.<br /><br />It is only a minor problem, probably overblown by some stupid media. I think I saw something about it on TV. Just some reporter trying to get ratings.<br /><br />Ken

Twidget

Commander

I was under the impression that Texas has motor voter, registration for your drivers license registers you to vote. At least that is how it worked in Tarrant County(Fort Worth). I moved to the 'burbs and am now in Johnson county. They dont recognize that, you have to have your little yellow voter card to vote. <br /><br />As for the Florida difficulties, I am still trying to figure out how all the little old ladies that can run 6 or 8 bingo cards at a time cant figure out the ballot. :)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

We have some voter stations that are rotating around. One town for one day, the Army post one day, the Air Force base one day,,,etc. We also have three stations that are open from morning to night from now until election day.<br />I personally voted today, well yesterday now, because I will be out of state on election day. The absentee ballots were only available if one was going to out of country. Oh well, I voted so I have earned my right to complain about whoever wins....hehe.<br /><br />AK Chappy

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I was under the impression that Texas has motor voter, registration for your drivers license registers you to vote. At least that is how it worked in Tarrant County(Fort Worth). I moved to the 'burbs and am now in Johnson county. They dont recognize that, you have to have your little yellow voter card to vote
Not true....they have it at the DPS when you re-new or get a liscence, you can fill out the form at the same time. They just make it convienent to get the form in. Only thing connected to the drivers liscence is jury duty!