early jetski

phil jones

Recruit
hi i have just recently purchased a brealey smith buccaneer jetski/boat believed to be one of the first jetkis ever made approx 1969/70! please could anybody help me with information ie:what make of engine,what horsepower,spares etc many thanks phil

Last edited:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: early jetski

hi i have just recently purchased a brealy smith buccaneer jetski/boat beleived to be one of the first jetkis ever made approx 1969/70! please could anybody help me with information ie:what make of engine,what horsepower,spares etc many thanks phil

How about a photo Phil ????

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

honestly I have never heard of that ski. pictures would be a good thing.
supposedly bombardier made a 400 cc twin cylinder sit down ski around 1968 but only for a year because it didn't seem to catch on so they abandoned the production..

too funny, I was doing a little research on your question,, in wikipedia and ran across mention of my steering in the article,, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_water_craft

this is another article about the first p w c
When snowmobile manufacturer Bombardier Inc. introduced the SEA-DOO? in 1968, the idea of a motor-driven consumer watercraft with no visible propeller was revolutionary. The idea of passengers standing on a watercraft instead of sitting in a conventional hull was also pretty out there. In fact, the design turned out to be too original. Bombardier's new product was not successful, and the company discontinued it in 1970.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

1968-69 sea doo,,not sure but I think the girl was optional

Attachments

• cover_crop_reduced.jpg
    cover_crop_reduced.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0

fathomtreeltd

Recruit

Hi Phil,

bucaneer.jpg

David Smith being my father and still at large.

:)