Eagle Cuda 240 S/GPS transducer mounting

maxxpower

Seaman
Hi, I just did a search on transducer mounting and found lots of good stuff but I still have a couple of questions. I decided to go with the shoot through the hull method, and I like ThomWV's method with th PVC pipe and the mineral oil but the instructions recomend epoxying it directly to the hull. The transducer that came with it is the skimmer kind for the transom mount but the instructions say you can mount it either way. The boat is a new runabout with a solid fiberglass hull. I guess my question is which method works the best. Thanks

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: Eagle Cuda 240 S/GPS transducer mounting

Maxxpower<br />Slow cure Epoxy is the best way but I would first test by building a little dam with kids clay and fill with water. Use some tape to hold the transduce pointing straight down. If it works to your satification them epoxy it down. Most boats loose about 10 percent of the signal.<br /><br /> http://www.lowrance.com/Tutorials/transducerguide.asp

maxxpower

Seaman
Re: Eagle Cuda 240 S/GPS transducer mounting

Thanks boatist, I got the slowest set epoxy I could find on short notice, (permatex 30 min)and it works great so far. Eagle recomended I use their own brand of epoxy but I could not find it anywhere. The permatex was a little to thin so it was difficult to get it set in place but I have a good strong bottom signal and very accurate depth readings so as long as it holds it should be alright. Thanks again!