E-mail and voice mail BLACK HOLE

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Dont you hate people that NEVER EVER respond to e-mails or voice mails. Its like those messages fall into a black hole, never to be seen again.<br /><br />You often wonder why they even have these services.<br /><br />Just a pet peeve of mine.<br /><br />Ken

eeboater

Commander
Re: E-mail and voice mail BLACK HOLE

Yeah, I respond. So I'm not in that group :D <br /><br />Sean

surplusman

Seaman Apprentice

I respond if its legit. If not, they shouldnt be calling me anyhow. But, if its legit, and they dont respond to me, yea, ticks me off. Then they act like they didnt know you even contacted them.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

How hard is it to click the reply button on e-mail and say "thanks" or "no" or "call me" or anything.<br /><br />Some people say they forgot about the e-mail. At the end of the day, I always go back and make sure I answered all of them, or flag them for follow up. Takes 1 minute to flag them, tops.<br /><br />There are several people I know that I dont even leave messages cause I know they wont return it. One person I dont even leave a message with the secretary, they dont return those either. I just call until they answer.<br /><br />If they are too busy, they need to learn how to delegate.<br /><br />Ken

NathanY

Commander

request a return receipt, atleast that lets you know if they read it or not.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

For me, I converse with people via email more than by phone while at work. It is almost a culture we have at work to expect an email to get checked not daily, but hourly.<br /><br />When I come home I expect the same response time, but don't get it from my non-techy friends. I have some people I email and they never respond and it is a specific question to them. When I see them I ask if they got the email and they say, "yeah, I got it, thanks". I think, well DUH, why didn't you answer it!?!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I had this last week. I send them an e-mail, then they call me to ask questions that were clearly answered in the e-mail.<br /><br />I have learned to re-read complicated e-mails several times before asking questions.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

I am in sales, so this has been and becoming even greater a problem.<br /><br />As a partner of mine once said... "It's the age of communications and nobody is communicating".<br /><br />A couple of years ago the CEO of Owens-Corning here in Toledo, tried to reach a subordinate by inter-office phone. Voicemail. Then called that employee's assistant. Voicemail. Then tried another person on that floor. Voicemail. He was so infuriated that he had voicemail taken out of the company. His comment was..."I'm the CEO, think about what our customers must go through!"

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Now I am fighting a new battle. I sent an e-mail saying I need to turn in some data TODAY to a customer. No response. Then I call, and tell them, I need it today. They say fine.<br /><br />Needless to say, I never got what I wanted.<br /><br />Perhaps they define "today" differently from me?<br /><br /> :confused: :mad: <br /><br />Ken

NYMINUTE

Captain

Gets more common every day. The only ones taht get quick replies are those you wish you had not sent or recorded.

D

DJ

My findings show that MOST, NOT ALL, people find voice mail inconsequential.<br /><br />NOT ME! I take every message SERIOUSLY.<br /><br />I make it a personal goal to return ANY voice mail within two hours and any e-mail within 12 hours. (business-not personal).