Dust Storms Are a Figment of Secular Faith

dogsdad

Lieutenant
A letter that appeared in a newspaper of a large Texas city, written by an old friend of mine...I couldn't have said it better!<br /><br /><br />Dust Storms<br /><br />Recently, I drove to Tucson and on the way I came across giant signs on the roadside in flaming yellow that read "Caution-Dust Storms may exist for the next 10 Miles." After recovering control of my vehicle, my first thought was, "ahh, but they may not exist." Which brings me to the point.<br /><br />These are faith-based signs erected by secularists, demanding that the general public believe that dust storms may exist without any proof. It is against the law for these signs endorsing faith-based dust storms to be erected on public lands and I demand that they be removed. I intend to file a federal lawsuit against the state highway department for offending me and my family.<br /><br />We do not believe in dust storms or their supposed existence. If state officials wish to believe in them, that is a private matter and should be kept to themselves. A gathering of dangerous dust-storm zealots was scheduled in Southern New Mexico, although the faithful might have a greater chance of seeing a dust storm during March. It's my constitutional right to not believe that such dust storms could exist.

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: Dust Storms Are a Figment of Secular Faith

Huh?? 10 commandments metaphor??

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

If a dust storm (which may exist) blows up, then dissipates with nobody to witness it, does it make any noise?

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Just because you don't believe in dust storms that doesn't mean they don't exist.<br />Your freedom not to believe & express that doesn't preclude the opposite view.<br />It's a freedom to believe, not a freedom to deny other people the right or expression thereof.<br />The Constitution prohibits State sponsered duststorms. That doesn't mean they don't exist or that our founders didn't believe they existed or that anyone, anywhere should be prohibited from acknowleging their existance or belief.<br />PS. I've seen a duststorm, but didn't take pictures. I guess you'll just have to take my word on that. ;)

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

that is why farmers here in Ok. plant trees around our farms. except I think that is also why they are planting cement everywhere also :rolleyes:serenity