Duplicate key made from an X-Ray

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The following is from a local forum in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico. A beautiful small town in the State of Sonora, Mexico. This near Guaymas, Mx. San carlos is located on the Sea of Cortez, where I have towed my boat to and fished, in the past. :cool: (And drank and ate and ate and drank and..... :D ...) <br /><br />I believe the incident occured in the U.S.A.<br /><br /> http://pub8.bravenet.com/forum/649281070/fetch/470825/ <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

Re: Duplicate key made from an X-Ray

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> ROTFLMAO! :D
Thank you for adding the article. On the lighter side, I hope it does not roll to far.... ;)

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

I heard of a guy who hand-filed an ignition key from a blank using a faxed photocopy of the spare. A locksmith wanted too much to cut a new one. I'd imagine passing a key would be uncomfortable!

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd let my friend keep the key....no fouling up on the ignition of my car! These Opel stationcars have an acute sense of smell (sensor) and wont start, just like that!

Marauderk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have cut many of key by looking at it either lying on the dash of a car or thru a window. And once by a picture made of the one at the guys house sent to him on a cell phone. <br /><br />It's not as hard as you think as most keys have set cuts that you can easily tell what setting to set your cutter to cut or to file it by hand.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

When I was still in high school I worked at a parts house and we made keys. Somehow or another I got pretty good at it. I had to "re-construct" lots of equipment and tractor keys. These keys had worn down to nothing and I would figure out the ridges and make new ones. I only had about 3 out of probably 1000 that wouldn't work.