Dual Fuel Tank Question

jasperboy

Seaman
I have a 1991 Regal 270 Commodore with two 55 gallon fuel tanks and a single 7.4L engine. With the fuel switch in the engine compartment in the straight up position, to draw from both tanks, I seem to pull only from the starboard tank. Went out yesterday with both tanks at 3/4 and after an afternoon the staboard was at 1/8 with the port still at 3/4. Filling up confirmed the gauges were working. Am I worried over nothing? Don't want to run out of fuel and not be able to draw from the port tank. Should they draw "equally'

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Dual Fuel Tank Question

I'm thinking the fuel pump will want to draw from the source with the least resistance first. Will your boat run when switched to the port tank? If it will I wouldn't worry too much.

Just noticed Wadsworth...howdy neighbor.

jasperboy

Seaman

Thanks Scott. Yeah I will try to switch and see if it runs ok on port only. Just expected to see them drop evenelly. Coming back from PIB and my butt was starting to pucker. I drive through Massillon on 21 every morning on the way to Canton.

jasperboy

Seaman

Jasper did you have fun at put out bay's pirate's day?

Daughter thought it was a hoot! Had the MIL along, so not too much partying for us. Still a very fun & festive crowd. The guys running around the harbor shooting the cannons was a little alarming at first. We headed back a little earlier as the over served were starting to come out.