drives like a boat, sails like a car...ebay amphicar

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: drives like a boat, sails like a car...ebay amphicar

Saw a copy of one of these that was just a boat being towed on the motorway the other day. It's the 1st time I've seen a real one though.

Link

Rear Admiral

Herself and I were at one of those parking lot cars shows during the summer about 10 years ago.<br />The guy who had one there said at that time there were 10 of those registered in the state of WA and out of the 10, 8 of them were owned by people (like him) who lived on American Lake!<br />They have here in Pierce County WA the largest Amphicar Assoc in the states. 8 cars.. I actually watched one swimming around on American lake and he drove up the boat ramp in Tillicum, turned around and went back in.. I think I'd rather be on a raft. <br />But they are cute ;)

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Not sure they are $10000 cute though....I could buy a nice rig and something to pull it for that much.

rwise

Captain

there is one here in Tulsa, I drive by it from time to time, never seen it on the water. I wonder what the reserve is? $10200 buy a whole lot of bait!

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Better still were those really cool shirts he is selling at the bottom of the page. :eek: :rolleyes:

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Be great fun just to drive down the ramp straight into the water on a crowded day. And pull up straight onto the beach and drive away when there's a 4 hour queue at the ramp.<br /><br />Despite those huge twin screws it only does about 7 - 10mph on water. Guess it's not a planing hull.<br /><br />Saw this one on TV recently. Not as cute but a lot quicker. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3077508.stm

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Tinkerer:<br />Despite those huge twin screws it only does about 7 - 10mph on water. Guess it's not a planing hull.
Maybe needs to change the pitch on the props. :D

jinx

If it's in any kind of shape it won't go for anywhere near $10k.<br /><br />Better make sure the weatherstripping around the door is in good shape!<br /><br />Jinx

Tinkerer

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Maybe needs to change the pitch on the props. :D
:D :D :D <br /><br />Yeah, that should be good for another 50 yards an hour.