downhome dinners

crab bait

Captain
went down to mid-slower state over the weekend to bass fish.. at times i'll go down saturday fish all day..sleep nite in my van ,, an have at it again on sunday..<br /><br />sunday,,i always breakast up a at a little but quite famous ( locally ) dinner.. it mite not be 24 hr.. but bet you can't wake-up early enuff to catch it closed.. <br /><br />bellied up,,an said howdy to the man i sat beside.. he saw my fishin' hat an asked if'n i fished..<br /><br />sure do..!! an the moment i'm done here i'll be in ceder creek pond.. <br /><br />we got to talkin'.. ( one thing about me,, i'll talk an LEARN to anybody ) he held back alittle ,, then opened up.. <br /><br />he was once president of the del/mar chapter of B.A.S.S.. an give me some valuable info on ceder creek, an others.. told me of the 3 pound bluegills in there an lots of good stuff..<br /><br />subject ended up on my distain/ignorance of buzzbaits.. he said that's his favorite lure an makes them himself.. <br /><br />said he lives on the way .. follow him home an he'll lock me on to a 'real' buzzbait..<br /><br />i did,, nice small farm .. beautiful white rail fence surround.. everthin'immaculate..<br /><br />went out to 'his fishin' shed'.. tackle EVERWHERE..!!<br /><br />gave me a hand made buzz an a few other goodies.. an i gave him some table rock chompers an sand worms.. both he had never seen and was more jubelant than i was of the exchange.. <br /><br />left a new friend in heart with an invite to comeback.. all from a little stop ina little dinner.. :) ..<br /><br /><br />oh yeah,, i never caught so many bass in oneday an mostly on 'the buzzbait' he gave me.. none over a lb or 1 1/2.. but caught many.. had a blast.. <br /><br />an you know,, the first thing i'll throw next time will be the 'buzz'..

dogsdad

Lieutenant
Re: downhome dinners

Thought about voting, but I am not sure what I would be voting on! <br /><br /><br />-dd-

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Where is the question?

LadyFish

Admiral

and I'm the blonde? :rolleyes: There's nothing to vote for in your poll Crabby. :p :D ;)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I say the question is should we vote or not.<br /><br />answer top bullet if you say yes to vote for nothing, bottom to not vote :) :D <br /><br />I voted on the bottom

crab bait

Captain

sorry about the 'poll' don't know how that happend.. :( ..<br /><br />o'well..

Skinnywater

Commander

All those in favor of a good time fish'n. <br />Vote yes or no.<br /><br />All those in favor of some more fishn' tackle.<br />Vote yes or no.<br /><br />Catchin' 3 pound Bluegill's,<br />yes or no.<br /><br />I'll vote no on the white rail fences.<br />To much upkeep and the horse will just chew on it.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Maybe if we give you our answers now...you could tell us later what the question was Crab... :D

oddjob

Commander

I gave your story a #1. ichi Ban! = good<br /><br /> #2 (no. two)= bad

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

a train leaves Rochester for delaware traveling<br />at 38mph, at the same time a fishing boat leaves<br />maryland for delaware traveling at 26 knotts.<br />who catches more fish?<br /> :p

gaugeguy

Captain

I am so disappointed...I was expecting fried catfish, hush puppies, biscuits and gravy and even fried yard bird and mashed taters...I want a downhome dinner :(

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

1.gif
I'm hungry....

crab bait

Captain

man,, you guys are too much..!!<br /><br />you got that 'no' vote on the white rail fence.. my very first reaction to the fence was " OH MY GOD ".. an not from it's beauty but for the upkeep.. ( dad had a pickett fence around the house but I had to maintain it..) ( when i moved out on my own the bast@#$ ripped it down.) ( boy, do i have issues :) )..<br /><br />the 3 lb gills are a hybrid.. an are ledgen in a few pond down there..<br /><br />MELLOW.. <br />the answer is nobody.. cause a boat an a train can't fit at the same time in this tiny state..<br /><br />GAUGE.. it's here too.. COME ON DOWN sometime AN GET SOMEOFIT..ummm ummm ..!!