Double standards, Gov. of Ohio, Bob Taft

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Gov. of Ohio Bob Taft, prior to his getting caught, sent letters to the school districts in Ohio with a warning. Taft stated if any administrator ever took any freebies such as golf outings paid for by class ring companies or anybody else, he would have their license.<br /><br />Here we are, some 52 Taft freebies later, and he will not resign.<br /><br />I completely agree that school administrators should get no kickbacks as Taft states, but why is he above it, at least in his own mind?<br /><br /> http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/08/18/taft.html <br /><br />His approval is at 17%, the lowest ever in Ohio.

woosterken

Lieutenant
Re: Double standards, Gov. of Ohio, Bob Taft

What makes him any different than any body else??<br />If he don't resign or get fired,then those that he mentioned that were fired should get their jobs back<br />ken

Trent

Captain

So whats new? They spend millions to get elected for a job that pays alot less. Its an un-written rule.<br /><br />And I agree.... ITS WRONG!!

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I for one support public hangings on Saturday afternoons for those that violate the public trust. Sundays are out because it would interfere with the football games. We are told we are electing public servants when in fact we've gotten public serpents.<br /><br />We just had a county DA convicted of accepting $5000 a crack for making DUI cases disapear. Some say it's hard to find people to pull the switch, I say there'd have to be a lottery to decide who drops the trap door.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Ditto the public hangings, WB. Or maybe stonings.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

He's guilty (sorry, "not contesting") of "failure to report?" He'll fire anyone who took freebies? Politician, fire thyself!<br /><br />Question for the Ohioians: Now that you have that "heartfelt apology" don't you feel so much better?<br /><br />Nothing like a coerced apology to smooth over the hurt feelings! ;)