Double lung transplant success.

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a friend with Primary Pulminary Hypertension (PPH). About 6-7 years ago she was diagnosed and was told she would have to have her lungs, and possibly her heart, replaced within 10 years.<br /><br />On February 20th, they replaced her lungs. Her heart was in excellent health, just enlarged, so they didn't transplant that. After a couple of weeks in a drug induced coma, she was breathing on her own.<br /><br />She is not home yet, but I did get to see her and she looks awesome!! She can breath better than I can! Her dad said they went for a walk and she was talking the whole time and he couldn't keep up with her!<br /><br />She still has some medication issues, so until they are solved she can't come home. But she hopes to be home in time for the 4th of July!

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Double lung transplant success.

Awesome dude! And this comes from a real person . . . We're still trying to figure out what Harry is all about. ;)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> We're still trying to figure out what Harry is all about. ;)
Interesting to note that Harry's first post, in a search, is #9. I wonder what happened to his first 8 posts?<br /><br />We know whats Harry we just don't know who his is. :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /><br />We know whats Harry
LOL Boomyal :D :D <br /><br />Sorry to hijack a great thread CntrySngr.

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br />
Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /><br />We know whats Harry
LOL Boomyal :D :D <br /><br />Sorry to hijack a great thread CntrySngr.
It's all good! :D I'm sure Heather would get a kick out if the comments. ;)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Wow, CntrySngr.. Kudos to your friend, and her Docs...
10.gif
<br />Get her home soon.. :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's amazing news. I'm so happy for your friend and she's very blessed to have a friend like you. Its sure nice to have supportive friends around pulling for you. I just love good news posts!<br />Bassy

ebbtide176

Commander

wow i never had realized lung transplants were done- that's great news!

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Incredible what they can do now when you really think about it. <br /><br />Good luck to your friend and congrats on the success so far!

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good luck to your friend, we will add here to our prayer list. May God Bless Her with health.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Awesome sport, great news.<br />Just look out for the only downside of having somebody elses lungs.........<br /><br /><br />coughing up somebody elses phlegm.........<br />Ross

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by Ross J:<br /> Awesome sport, great news.<br />Just look out for the only downside of having somebody elses lungs.........<br /><br /><br />coughing up somebody elses phlegm.........<br />Ross
THAT was disgusting!!! :eek: <br /><br />She's doing well...I talked to her this weekend and she is going to be home next weekend to be in her cousin's wedding. She is excited about that. There have been a few problems lately, and the Dr.s are working to get everything worked out so she can come home. If you are a faith filled person, please keep her in your prayers...her name is Heather.<br /><br />Thanks! And God Bless! :)

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Our thoughts are with Heather and the family. We hope all goes well. <br />Ross

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

UPDATE:<br /><br />Talked to Heather today and they are releasing her to return home! She has been in St Louis since late October, and is now ready to return to Indiana and her home. She is doing fantastic, but she has a long road ahead of her. She has so many new rules about what she can and can't do. For instance, she can't come out to the lake...there is a lot of bacteria in a lake and her immune system is compromised because of her meds, so she can't go out boating with me! :( But she is in GREAT health and can do so much more than she could before the transplant!!<br /><br />Thanks for all the well wishes! I'll pass them along to her when I see her this weekend!!! :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Your friends recovery is truly amazing CntrySngr....good news indeed. :) <br /><br />My best wishes that her immune system will be in check soon and she can enjoy the outdoors.

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> Your friends recovery is truly amazing CntrySngr....good news indeed. :) <br /><br />My best wishes that her immune system will be in check soon and she can enjoy the outdoors.
Thanks Lady! Apparently her immune system will always be a bit compromised, so I don't think she will ever be able to get in the lake. She can still go camping "near" the lake...just not swimming, tubing, etc. IN the lake. Even being on a boat is off limits because what if the boat sank? She'd be in the water, and health would be compromised. But that's okay...she is still very happy and can do so much more than she used to be able to do!

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

A small price to pay for a new set of lungs. My wife and I will keep your friend (and you) in our prayers.<br />George