dosent look right??

chef master

Cadet
i have a 75 mercury 885 (85hp) on the lower unit there is a couple holes i can spray water in to one hole and it comes out in the hole to the bottom right hole ive had the motor up for a day or so and noticed that out of the bottom right hole there is a substence that looks like oil water mixed slowley dripping out a yellowish white color, is that normal from maby the exhaust or is it should like somthing els

chef master

Cadet
Re: dosent look right??

DSCF6727.jpg

if needed another pick without the transom saver ill post another the stuff comming is what im talking about rightabove and to the left of the hole leaking stuff is another hole if i spray water into it comes out the hole leaking stuff

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

You have water in the gearcase...itis leaking from either the shift shaft or water pump base.

BonairII

Commander

It's probably unspent fuel leaking out. If so, it's very normal. The holes in the leg let water drain.

chef master

Cadet

It's probably unspent fuel leaking out. If so, it's very normal. The holes in the leg let water drain.

thats what i thought it might be becouse it smells like gas/oil mix with water and if i spray water through one hole it goes through the otherone and visa versa but why would unspent gas be in there?

Sunfish12

Petty Officer 1st Class

Pull your lower unit oil plug and you'll know right away if there's water in there.

chef master

Cadet

ok there is water in it i drained it and am going to fill it back up the saels were old and coroted and see if that works if not how do i go about replacing the seals?