Doomsday documentary?

GrandLarsony

Cadet
Has anyone else seen that "documentary" running last month or so on one of the cable channels? <br /><br />It is set in 2007 and "looks back on the last few years" starting in about 2004. They review how the world economy went from boom times (90s) to absolute crash and back.<br /><br />One of the major events was a hurricane that wiped out the gulf region. Global ecomomy is crushed, terrorism runs rampant, no gas, rationing, 40% unemployment, etc.<br /><br />Truly -- TRULY -- a frightening viewing experience. Gives me the chills these days.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Doomsday documentary?

I saw that, I think it was on FX. I could not help but notice a few parallels. My favorite aspect was the gas prices going to over $7.00 a gallon, the US was brought to a halt. The premise of the movie if I remember rightly was the hurricane weakened us, and the terrorists took advantage of it to deal us a crushing blow by destroying every attempt to get oil to our country. The rest of the world was left relatively untouched. Any oil that was being shipped to us was being bought by the Chinese in an outbidding manuever. After all was said and done, gas prices settled to something like $3.50...<br /><br />It wouldn't really happen that way, if our economy fails, the world economy fails. We can't become a third world nation because the rest of the world is financially linked to us.

gonefishie

Commander

It would never happen, the only way doomday happen is a giant asteroid smacks us but they're working on avoiding that too.

Ralph 123

Captain

I wish I were so optimistic. Perception is reality and if panic sets in, like it has from time to tome throughout history, the whole house of cards can crumble quickly.