Don't park your boat under a tree!!

jimtodd72

Seaman
Winterized my boat and covered it a few weeks ago and backed it into it's usual spot in the yard. Just happened to be under a big pine tree and we just got our worst ice storm in history. House and cars survived but boat didn't. May she rest in peace. It's a rather old boat but in good shape (was in good shape) so it's not a huge financial loss. Nothing to do but shake my head and laugh. Everyone just learn from my stupid mistake.<br /><br />Merry Christmas,<br />Jim

Homerr

Commander
Re: Don't park your boat under a tree!!

Maybe this is an opportunity to get that new boat?<br /><br />Does your home-owners or boat insurance cover this sort of thing?<br /><br />I had a branch fall out of my tree and dented my truck fender. The insurance paid for it.<br /><br />A fender is small in comparison to your boat, but what the hey...Doesn't hurt to ask.<br /><br />H.

jimtodd72

Seaman

Yeah, insurance will cover the loss...and good thing I just got my first issue of my free subscription to Trailer Boating magazine so I can read all the latest reviews on the new boats :)

RICKRICK1

Ensign

Can I park my boat under your tree next ice storm?

jimtodd72

Seaman

My wife actually feels sorry for me enough over this that she hasn't balked too much (yet) at the prospect of a new boat.

ndemge

Commander

Can I park my boat there.... aim the tree at my outdrive, I'd like a new one :)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

With all of us wanting to park under your tree, you will make a fortune for space. Buy your new boat with our $$$$.

Fishbusters

Ensign

Not ice but a Hurricane came by and dropped a tree on the front of my boat. It took out a brand new trolling motor but did no damage to the boat or trailer. I know sort of how you feel because when I saw the tree on the boat I felt the same till I could survey the damage and realize what was broken and how lucky I was.