Don't buy it unless you see it!

11 footer

Lieutenant
A friend of ours collects classic cars. Everytime he buys one off the computer he flys to see it first.<br /><br />He found a '66 T-Bird on ebay, being he wasn't paying a lot of money for the car he didn't think it was worth flying to CA to look at, so he took a chance and worked a deal with the guy off ebay and bought the car for 12,000<br /><br />When he took delivery of the car he almost sh!t!!<br />The seller said 30thouans miles, it has 130,000<br />seller said orignal paint, its been re-painted in three places<br />the seller said mint interiour, one of the armrests is all cracked, some kind of animal has eaten the hell out from under the drivers seat and the dash is cracked.<br />The seller said that it has never had any body work done or been rusted, the whole car is full of plastic, its got waves all over it.<br /><br />The car isn't worth crap!! He payed 12k for it.<br /><br />He called the seller and he was like "that car was perfect with I sent it" I thought we was going to kill him threw the phone line, the guy hung up on us five times.<br /><br />Whatever you do, don't buy a car or a boat unless you go see it first!!!

Homerr

Commander
Re: Don't buy it unless you see it!

Sorry to hear about your friend's bad deal.<br />Sounds like he definitely had sand in the Vaseline on that one! Wow.<br />You'd think there is some kind of legal recourse he could take? Stop payment? Charge-back?<br /><br /><br />I don't buy anything off EBay anymore unless it has a picture. <br /><br />You know the old saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words"<br /><br />Personally, I think a picture should be mandatory to list on EBay. <br /><br />Pictures end a lot of arguments and questions.<br /><br />Oh and... Ryan... Does your friend collect Ford Mustangs? I have a 1973 Grande I want to get rid of so I can get my daughter her first car.<br />Lemme know:<br /><br />Homerr999@msn.com<br /><br /><br />H.

11 footer

Lieutenant
Re: Don't buy it unless you see it!

It had a picture, actually their was six of them.<br /><br />The where taken in such a way that the defects couldn't been seen.<br /><br />He dosn't have any Mustangs that I know of, I'm mention it to him but I think I'd focusing on getting his money back on the T-bird right now.<br /><br />He wrote the guy a check, so he can't stop payment and the check has already been cashed. He has a lawer and is going to try i the "legal" way before he does it his way.