Doing some trading to get a bass boat -- Need advice on not getting ripped off!!!

zagger

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Doing some trading to get a bass boat -- Need advice on not getting ripped off!!!

:facepalm:

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Doing some trading to get a bass boat -- Need advice on not getting ripped off!!!

I find it ironic that you are asking for advice on how to not get ripped off when it sounds like thats what your trying to do to the trader and others. I dont think this forum is here for advice on how to screw someone. You obviously have enough experience in these matters so why ask for advice from good folks that thought they might help you NOT get ripped off:confused::mad: You obviously dont believe in karma.

txarmydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I find it ironic that you are asking for advice on how to not get ripped off when it sounds like thats what your trying to do to the trader and others. I dont think this forum is here for advice on how to screw someone. You obviously have enough experience in these matters so why ask for advice from good folks that thought they might help you NOT get ripped off:confused::mad: You obviously dont believe in karma.

What are you the morality police? All I wanted to know were the things I should be looking out for on a used outboard. That was it. I do this on the side for extra cash. This is not my full time job. I DO NOT have a dealers license. If you had ever been in my shoes before, you would know that the people I buy from are trying to rip me off every time I look at their stuff!

Hey, whatever. I'm probably just going to leave it alone if my mechanic won't come with me.

John_S

Rear Admiral

Mark, I wasn't being serious about the trucks ability to tow it, ie a little sarcasim with a "wink". But waterlogged foam could account for the 20mph wot boat speed.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

A Quantum is a BassPro branded Bayliner. This is an absolutely bottom of the line boat with an absolutely bottom of the line and now unsupported outboard. I'd pass.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

That rig wouldn't even be desirable if she were seaworthy, which she's not. Don't waste your time or gas.

45Auto

Commander

txarmydude said:
A coat of wax and a can of stop-leak go a long way.

Hopefully the guy with the boat will read this thread and won't waste his time looking at your jet ski. I can only imagine what kind of half-a** kludges you've done to the jet ski to try to pass it off on somebody if you're the type who will dump in a can of stop-leak to sell a car ....

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

Txsarmydude, Your comment about "a can of stop leak goes a long way" rubbed me wrong. I iterpret as goes along way to get someone to pay more for something that they think is in better condition, see "ripped off". And "cash is the bottom line" makes it sound like you are a professional or could care less about the sap who purchases your stuff. Do you tell potential buyers about the stop leak? I guess Im just too old fashioned as I prefer to be honest and shake hands w strangers when I buy or sell used stuff. I run away If I sense something not right about the deal or dealer. I guess this is why they say "buyer beware".

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Begin countdown. T minus............:rolleyes:

txarmydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Txsarmydude, Your comment about "a can of stop leak goes a long way" rubbed me wrong. I iterpret as goes along way to get someone to pay more for something that they think is in better condition, see "ripped off". And "cash is the bottom line" makes it sound like you are a professional or could care less about the sap who purchases your stuff. Do you tell potential buyers about the stop leak? I guess Im just too old fashioned as I prefer to be honest and shake hands w strangers when I buy or sell used stuff. I run away If I sense something not right about the deal or dealer. I guess this is why they say "buyer beware".

I am NOT a professional. Just a regular guy trying to make extra cash. But seriously, do you think that nobody ever pawned their junk off on me? I do what it takes to get rid of it if I get a turd. And mostly I buy cars that are listed for 1000-1200, buy them for 600-800, and sell them for 1200-1500, so pretty much all cars in that price range leak fluids.

txarmydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hopefully the guy with the boat will read this thread and won't waste his time looking at your jet ski. I can only imagine what kind of half-a** kludges you've done to the jet ski to try to pass it off on somebody if you're the type who will dump in a can of stop-leak to sell a car ....

Actually the jet-ski is immaculate, with only 121 hours. It runs like a champ. All equipment is 100% working, that's why I invited the guy to TEST DRIVE IT FIRST!!!

txarmydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That rig wouldn't even be desirable if she were seaworthy, which she's not. Don't waste your time or gas.

I am not going to do the deal. There has been too many negative things posted about this brand of boat and these Force motors. Too risky...

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

On a side note... I had a car I got for $300. Drove it for a year and the last day of summer it overheated on me in stop and go traffic. I actually had no idea at the time, but that event damaged the head gasket. About 5-6 months later I decided to sell the car. I got her in the garage, cleaned up and in taking it to get air/gas etc... realized the head gasket problem when smoke was coming off the head gasket/block. I purchased some bars stop leak, put it in and prayed. The smoking stopped and I listed the car for sale indicating it had a head gasket problem. I sold the car for $400 (running, driving, stopping, going, everything worked minus the bright lights and AC) letting him know it was steaming from the HG, and the stop leak was added, which stopped the steaming. No Antifreeze in the oil, and no oil in the antifreeze.

It has now been close to a year, and I see that car all the time. Still going strong, other than the new owner getting into fender benders on regular occasions (every corner is now crumpled).

Lakes84

Petty Officer 1st Class

That speed on his boat is NOT bad. I have a 150 Yamaha 4 stroke on a 17ft Ranger and only get just under 50. I think he's being honest.

Just have the motor checked and I'd feel safe buying it. As far as the boat, I have nooo idea on that one

See you on the lake

Joe