does this fit?

gateway

Seaman
I have a 12' waco craft john boat. I have a 4 hp johnson seahorse outboard on it,I just got the boat and replaced the transom first thing...today I put the motor on for the first time and the motor mounts dont seem to fit over the top of the transom all the way,The two screw feet that mount to the transom are half on the wood part of the transom and half on the top rolled lip of the transom? Is this ok? if not, what can I do to fix this? mabey I dont know what im doing putting this little motor on.<br />thanks,<br />no4njnk

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander
Re: does this fit?

Is the bottom of the motor mounting bracket actually resting on the top of the transom? Or is something keeping it from going further down? If it's all the way down on the transom, you should be OK with tightening the transom screws. The screws sshould be at least several inches below the the transom line.

gateway

Seaman

Jack,<br />The motor is down as low as it will go, it is resting on the top of the transom but the mounting screws dont fully miss the lip of the top of the transom.<br />no4njnk

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, NFJ.<br /><br />The screws are about 2-3" below the top of the engine mount. <br /><br />If the bottom of the upside-down U of the engine mount is against the top of the transom I fail to see how the screws could be at the top of the transom.<br /><br />Please try explaining the problem some other way.