Does anyone out there have a II drive? Mercruiser II Stern

Superbee

Seaman
Why i need some pic's the stern worked great until i blew the pinion gear when checking this out i found that there should be a Shock Absorber there i found one a bought it BUT there only 1 hole to install this to i must be missing something Please help i know there out there:)

RandyJ

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Does anyone out there have a II drive? Mercruiser II Stern

don't know if I can help but I've got what's left of a gimble housing from an old boat of that era. The outdrive was missing but I've got the parts from the rest of the transom to the outdrive. About all I can tell you about it is that I think it was about a 1963 and was told the boat had a 6 cylinder in it. I think I've still got the trim cylinders and all the hoses and pump. It's old, ugly, and white...about like me but it is craggy looking.

Superbee

Seaman

I think mine used to be white from the factory<br />Someone painted it black<br />I'm still looking for the gears can you take a pic of what you have?? i might be interested if the price is right the serial number for my unit is 2008152 if that helps i do know that the serial number range 01602186 to 01732445 is older than mine<br />and the forward and reverse gears are different:(<br />Thanks

Superbee

Seaman

Hi Randy do you want to get rid of that stuff?

RandyJ

I'd love to find a nice home for this junk...and I'm just short of being a starving artist...I'd love donations!!!! I'll try to check out what I've got and get pics.

Superbee

Seaman

i will check that stuff out, and will make a donation

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't know if this helps, but in my manual it has mec II 1.33:1 and 1.78:1 drive and shows its workings. Also has 225-255 II-TR along with transmission. never seen either drives, but if I can help let me know.

Superbee

Seaman

HHHmmm been awhile havn't heard anything??

malaki mama

Cadet

superbee<br /><br />have you checked out stemtostern.com for a blown up view of your drive? Can also order a manual here..<br /><br />in any event good luck..

RandyJ

Sorry I haven't even made a picture yet. Been too busy just trying to get ahead a little... hope to take care of the picture tomorrow.

Superbee

Seaman

Well when ever you get a chance<br />Thanks

RandyJ

finally made pictures but have not figured how to get them in here....no home page

olbuddyjack

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hang em at photobucket.com then link to them.

RandyJ

Photobucket is really KEWL!...I've been needing an image hosting site!!!! THANKS!!!<br />
100_0283.jpg
<br />
100_0282.jpg
<br />
100_0281.jpg
<br />
100_0280.jpg
<br />
100_0279.jpg

Superbee

Seaman

Well i hate yo say it but that don't look like what i have heres a pic of mine<br />Mine doesn't unbolt from the back at all wish it did:)<br />what do you think?<br />Thanks
stern.JPG

RandyJ

Never seen one of them critters before. I thought you wuz lying but it does appear that the upper unit and gimbal housing are one piece.... so, what exactly are you looking for? Maybe you can find the pictures you need at www.mercruiserparts.com.... year, model, and serial numbers will be helpful when you go there.

Superbee

Seaman

I found the parts that i was looking for wasn't easy<br />i was just hoping what you had was the same thing and would have alot of spare parts:) what i have is<br />1968 Mark Twain<br />18-225-Deluxe CB<br />225 GM 327 V-8 1963-1966 #2035328<br />Unit II Drive 1964-1967 #2008152