does anyone know what prop is used

cheyenne76

Recruit
on a mercruiser 120hp. its on a 1988 16 ft invader bowrider. I cant find the numbers on the prop. any help would be appreciated.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: does anyone know what prop is used

On average 14 x 17 or 14 x 19 Aluminum.

cheyenne76

Recruit
thank you,thank you, thank you

thank you,thank you, thank you

I've been online searching for three hours. There is no invader sight for specs since there not in buissness.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

Forget the boat, check the engine specs for Mercruiser.Up in the adults section are manuals,

180shabah

Rear Admiral

There is no such thing as a "stock size" prop. They are matched to the boat at the time of sale, based on load and intended use. If you don't see any numbers on the prop, then you will need to remove it to see them.

cheyenne76

Recruit

it wieghs 1800 pounds plus gas and between 300-900 pounds of people and cargo. used for fishing mainly and family cruises once in a while. does anyone recommend a prop ?

180shabah

Rear Admiral

I think you are a little confused about how prop recomendations work. Based on the information you have provided, unless someone on here just happens to have the exact same boat with the same power, you will never get anything more valuable than the WAG of 17-19" pitch offered above.

It all start with the prop you have now, you have to get the numbers off of it, nobody here can do that for you. Then we need to know what your current WOT numbers are and what you are trying to accomplish with the new prop.

Props are not like tires, there is no book/chart that says Xboat with Yengine uses Zprop. A 17" prop from one manufacturer might perform similarly to a 19" prop from another manufacturer, making generic suggestions, just that, generic.

cheyenne76

Recruit

Ill pull it on Monday and see if the paper and pencil rub work for getting the number since it isn't on the outside. I appreciate all the info.talk to you Monday.

MRS

Commander

Go to the turning point site and punch in your info. and it will give you an idea what to use. If you look on the hub of your prop it should have some numbers on it usally the last number will be the pitch of the prop hope this helps......