Does anyone know about a rev limiter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly1733

Cadet
I have a Rinker Jet Boat with a 1996 120XR Sport Jet in it. I can't get the boat to fire unless I disconnect the rev limiter. Then the boat fires right up. Can I run the boat with out it? What does this part do? Do these fail often on Sport Jet Engines?

Scottj25

Seaman
Re: Does anyone know about a rev limiter?

From what I know the Rev. limtiter? does just what it's name in plys. Can you run with out it? yes would I? no, it's job is to hold down the RPM's so you don't toss a rod should you over tax the motor. Remember that safty is number 1 when boating. And it would be cheaper to fix the problem with the limiter than replaceing the motor should you over rev and break something.

grizzly1733

Cadet

Scottj25<br /><br />Thanks for the response. Will this rev limiter, if not working cause the boat not to fire. In other words act like the kill switch has been activated? If I take it out of the sequence the boat fires right up. If I put it in the sequence boat won't fire. I just don't want to be buying part after part to fix the problem.<br /><br />Thanks

f_inscreenname

Commander

Sounds like you answered your own question. With it, it dose not work. With out it ,it works. That would be the first thing I would replace and I would replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.