Does anybody still use their OMC VRO Fuel Pump for oil injection???

Retrevr

Cadet
I have figured out through some guys on here that my fuel pump is bad on my 95 Evinrude 40 hp. All you find on the web is how everyone is by passing them. I am wondering if anyone has good luck with them. I think I had problems years ago that were caused by the VRO pump.

cionjay

Seaman
20 years on a VRO is not too bad. If you don't like to mix oil, I would get a new one.

1983 ercoa 21'

Chief Petty Officer
Think you will find a mix of input on this subject.

I think some don't want to spend the money to replace the vro if something goes wrong with it.

there is some that swears by it.

Fed

Commander
I'm using my VRO (1988 V4) and if the fuel pump died I'd run a kit through it.
Way too expensive for me to buy a new one so if there was an oil type failure I'd go to pre-mix or maybe look for a good second hand one. (There must be thousands of perfectly good removed ones lying around)

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I just put it back on my 70 hp its 2015 premix if you don't have to is for the birds . I can let people borrow my boat and don't have to worry about them mixing the oil. So much more convenient if you have built in tank. And it is the only injection system out side of dfi 2 strokes that have a no flow warning. it is an extremely simple system it just works. Al ot of the problems blamed on vro were never the vros fault. And really only the first 2 years of it were bad.

AEROCOOK

Master Chief Petty Officer
I premix and in my opinion, it's no big deal, but I use potable tanks. I could see it being less convenient with a built in fuel tank.
I'm the only operator of my vessel so I don't have to worry about someone running straight gas through it.
That being said, I fully agree that 2nd gen VRO and newer oil injection systems are quite reliable.
I still have my complete working VRO system sitting on the shelf in case I sell the boat and the new owner wants it installed, 20 minute job.