Dockage question

jasperboy

Seaman
First time for getting a seasonal slip at a marina after years of trailering, and have a silly question. For the same price I can opt for a single or double dock. Is there ANY reason I DON'T want a single? Seems like a silly question, but perhaps I'm missing an advantage of a having an immediate neighbor. That is besides saying "pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon Mustard?"

Everything else is the same, 32' slip, water, electric, cable & dock box, just my option for single or double. All thoughts and opinions are welcomed.

dockwrecker

Lieutenant
Re: Dockage question

Definitely the single! Much easier and secure to tie her up. And if your luck is anything like mine the shorepower box will be on the oppposite side of your boat connection. With the single, you can run your power down either side.

captain zac

Petty Officer 1st Class

Single

you can walk all the way around to clean
and you do not have to worry about a bad driver backing into you

Harry

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

As someone who is in a double (separated only by a piling), I would love to have a single strictly for the ability to have access to both sides of the boat.

TilliamWe

Banned

asingle costs more where I live. Never seen them charge the same prices. No reason to get a double if a single is the same price!

jasperboy

Seaman

Thanks, single it is! I couldn't for the life of me see why I wouldn't, but since it was an option I thought perhaps I over looked something. Only "disadvantage" is that the singles are out towards the end, thus a further walk to the facilities, but not THAT much further.