Do you hate your job?

D

DJ

Thought I'd repost this. Some seemed to enjoy it before the "Steve" incident.<br /><br /> Subject: Do you hate YOUR job?<br /><br />Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs. Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to The X, 103.2 on your FM dial in Ft Wayne, IN, who was sponsoring a 'worst job experience' contest. <br />Needless to say, she won. <br /><br />Hi Sue, <br />Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at<br />work, so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's not so bad after all. <br />Before I can tell you what happened to<br />me, I first must bore you with a few technicalities of my job. <br />As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite<br />cool. So what we do to keep warm is this: we have a diesel powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of<br />the sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose, which is taped to the air hose.<br /><br />Now, this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times with no complaints. What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working,<br />is take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi. <br /><br />Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to itch. So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse. Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from my back, but the damage was done. <br /><br />In agony I realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit. Now since I don't <br />have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick to it.<br />However, the crack of my butt was not as fortunate. When I scratched what I <br />thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the jellyfish into my butt. <br /><br />I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with 5 other divers, were all laughing hysterically. <br /><br />Needless to say I aborted the dive. I was instructed to make 3 agonizing in-water decompression stops totaling 35 minutes before <br />I could reach the surface to begin my chamber dry decompression. <br /><br />When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my butt as soon as I got in the chamber.<br /> <br />The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't poop for 2 days because my butt hole was swollen shut. <br />So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt. <br /><br />Now repeat to yourself, 'I love my job, I love my job, I love my job..'

sloopy

Commander
Re: Do you hate your job?

i LOVE MY JB I LOVE MY JOB I LIVE MY JOB

ebbtide176

Commander

ok, since you brought it up... and its a good topic.<br /><br />my job sux. i thought long & hard. i considered how would it be if i were welding mufflers on cars again, or working on computers. i think i could go either way on what would be a decent living... well, ok, i do have job security for maybe a little longer now... <br /><br />btw (by the way) dj- you should find that pic and use it - you know, the spinnerbait one- you been using that saying for a long time now.<br /><br />man, you should see the trees 'round here now! its full 'fall color' now! cool stuff! my fav time of year. there is a serious scientific push to find out why the trees go all the way to red. so far its to prevent UV damage, cool stuff. <br />
BlueRidge8.jpg

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Yes my job Bites... I hate it... Here's why.. I've had a total of four weeks off in thirteen years mostly due to a couple of nasty bouts with the good ol' Influinza (The Flu), where I phyiscaly could'nt do anything....<br /><br /> But thats what happens when you have your own buisness...At least I'm the boss.. Of Myself... :rolleyes: Was ready to run out the front door screaming at least three times today and that was before lunch... :eek: <br /><br />However I did manage to fanagle a week off... Told the customers "I'm outta here next week"... T.S...<br /><br /> I've been thinking about a little spur of the moment road trip up around the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the Fall colors and just bum around for a couple days.... <br /><br /> ebb: your pic got me thinkin... :confused: You or anyone else got the low down on where the colors are real good now?....

D

DJ

ebb,<br /><br />Wow, absolutely beautiful! That is one thing I really miss about the midwest.

flashback

Captain

hey snapper, my wife and I just got back from lake fontana in north carolina, beautiful place, in the middle of the mountains, just real lay,d back.........have fun............

flashback

Captain

oh yea, I almost forgot, I,m sick of what i do to make money ............................................................................................................

ebbtide176

Commander

sorry fellas! i didn't mean to bail out on ya, just didn't check this forum. right NOW is the time if you're gonna go see the southeastern U.S. of A., alias Appalachian Mtns. i dunno. its always a hard thing for me, everyone i tell- come now! they always hafta put in for 2 weeks notice and then who knows what might happen to the leaves? a hard frost turns 'em brown fast, too much rain knocks em down on the ground. just 'git ur ace' up/down/over here fast! ;) <br />[i don't claim this is equal to the Rockies]<br />you could always buy a place in somewhere like, say Andrews NC, and hava 'winter' home....<br />you could never go wrong gettin a week off in the Smoky Mtns in November. as for me, i just try to cruise to Helen GA every chance i get, between Oct & Dec.<br /><br />oh, and the job?... i still get the same old thing: i'm the only one on my 'team' who's never had a customer complaint, but my production isn't where it should be for my amt of experience. its ok, i'm in the midst of a heavy duty learning environment, so knowledge=power=more opportunities. but for now i'm in the techiequagmire.<br /><br />
toilet.gif

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to be different, but right now I really like my job...I worked 10 years at a hospital in various positions from PC programming/tech support, industrial engineering (which is what my edumucation is in) and managing a help desk/PC support area. The hospital environment started off great but over time went way downhill. Too much stress, do more with less, etc. due to healthcare changing. A little over 5 yrs ago I moved to a 2 yr college that is all of 1/8 mile from my house to 1) get out of what I was in 2) be closer to home for the kids. Last 5 years have been great. Money's not as good but with my family I decided money isn't everything. Hope the future holds the same.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Spinnerbait, I hope that's a joke.

sloopy

Commander

he was not!!!!!! he;s homeless!