Do you beleive in ghosts?

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Do you beleive in ghosts?

There's gotta be something to it. Too many stories for too long....out of all the hundreds of ghost reports over the decades, only 1 has to be real for ghosts to exist.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Intresting stuff, i have always been fascinated by the subject, but i'm of the belief that if you've seen one then they exist, if you have'nt seen one then they don't.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

I believe in ghosts. Maybe not the stereotypical way, but I definitely do. No question at all.<br />I don't believe these are the spirits of departed souls, although I believe there is such a thing. (Departed souls do not get to hang around on earth, in my belief) I do believe they can and do imitate other beings, though. There are two general varieties. The one more closely related to the stereotypical ghost normally serves little purpose to those who are skeptical, since those who do not believe in spirits are pretty much where those ghost's master wants them to be- blissfully unaware of the spiritual battles that rage all about us. They do from time to time attempt to seduce people's thinking and are known for incredible treachery. They are sneaky and subtle when necessary but amazingly powerful at other times. This group is known as the demons. <br /><br />The other, far more pleasant group, obviously now that you see where I'm coming from, are known as angels. These are protecters and helpers, and are otherwise the antithesis of the demons. Scripture says that when Satan fell he took about a third of the (fallen) angels with him. He is badly outnumbered, which is actually an irrelevant fact. Irrelevant because Satan, or Lucifer, was also a created being over which God has full and complete authority. His days are numbered, and he knows it. He wants do to as much damage as possible in the meantime. The final score is already known. God wins. The tragedy is that so many don't understand which side they are on (or that they are even on any side) or that they can join God's side so easily. Read the Gospels for details.<br />Have I ever seen any of these ghosts? Not that I'm aware of. I have seen results of their working, though. But the way it works is you need to see for yourself, second hand is never quite good enough.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

All I can say is that energy never dissapears, it is only transfered from one form to another, so when we die, where does the energy go? I can't say yes or no to ghosts, but I have felt things from time to time when in places like down in Georgia where civil war occured, or while over in Germany. The debate over what happens when we die will always rage. If we go on to heaven, altenate dimension, become a cat in our next life, whatever, or do the lights go out. If the lights just go out, how do you know they go out? Don't you have to still exist on some plane of reality to percieve that the lights went out and there is nothing? Its enough to give you a headache, but I don't worry about death itself. My spirit will go on or the lights will go out. Either way, I am dead and can do nothing about it. Being non religious, I don't sweat the heaven-hell issue. I know if there is a God, he will forgive me for not believing and I will go to heaven because I still lead a moral life, just not a religious life. If there isn't a God, then I don't have to worry about that either.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Definitely! Many pleasant experiences. Yep, I do!<br />Bassy

crab bait

Captain

ask 100 people "do you believe ,are you sure there is a devil" .. 95 % will say " YES"... i know there is.. gotta be.. <br /><br /><br />ask a 100 people "do you believe , are you sure there is a god ".. a way less will say "YES"........

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Noper, but I do find it to be an interesting subject...<br /><br /> It's funny.. Had a discussion with my neighbor about this topic just yesterday... <br /><br />Neighbor swears up and down that a jar full of pens jumped up off his table and slammed against the wall and broke... He also claims to have seen lights in his house.. Says it's like someone shining a flashlight against the wall..<br /><br />He smoked alot of funny weeds too.... :D

ztim

Chief Petty Officer

One way or the other, people will justify their feelings. I think the topic is very interesting and will keep reading about it...but until I see... :eek: :eek:

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like we have some "Coast To Coast" listeners! (I drive truck at night, so I am)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

I think the ghosts of past dead fish are haunting<br />MY boat... :p

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

I've been to this site in Michigan:<br /><br />Paulding - Robins Pond Road - Dogmeadow lights - A mysterious light appears in the distance along old railroad tracks and power lines. Also, cold spots have been felt by visitors along the viewing hill. Every clear night on this road all you have to do is look for parked cars. Over the next hill as soon as the sun goes down you will see a red orb hovering in the air. After a few seconds it will turn white and disappear. This has gone on every night for many years. A lot of speculation has gone on but with no definite answers. One story is the light is from the lantern of a railroad switchman who fell asleep on duty and was killed, but there are many more.<br /><br />Pretty neat stuff. On a weekend night ususlly there are a half dozen to a dozen people there. Be sure to turn off your headlights for the last quarter mile in (use parking lights), or you'll tick off anyone else there. I have my own theory as to what the lights are, but I will refrain from posting it so as not to spoil the tale.