DO NOT CALL Registry and Cellphones

LadyFish

Admiral
REMINDER......<br /><br />In 31 days, cell phone numbers are being released to<br />telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls to<br />your cell phones. You will be charged for these calls.<br />Call this number from your cell phone 888-382-1222 or register <br />on-line at<br /><br /> donotcall.gov <br /><br />It is the national DO NOT CALL list. It only takes a minute of your<br />time. It blocks your number for 5 years.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: DO NOT CALL Registry and Cellphones

Yeah....I put my home phone on the DNC list a couple months ago. I stopped getting unsolicited calls BUT! anyone affiliated with any credit card company, mortgage, etc that I actually do business with...they're calling so much more than before I was on the list, I might as well have never done it. And apparently the only way to stop that is to cut up the cards (i need to do anyway), pay off the mortgage, etc. Seems to be a real joke. In other words do business with no one :mad: <br /><br />Anyway, it was my understanding that the whole telemarketers calling our cell phones thing was a hoax? They can not call cell phones because we would get charged for it? :confused:

D

DJ

Unfortunately, unsolicited faxes are NOT part of the program. :mad: <br /><br />They end up on all my phones, cell too!

NYMINUTE

Captain

We have a NoCall list here in Indiana, and it is great. I expect the Cell will be equal.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

DJ - Sadly, there is a law against unsolicited faxes - FTC - Unsolicited Faxes. Even though that article says there are "teeth" in the ban, it's not enforced very well. I get them all the time at home and haven't published my fax number! And, who has time to take these yahoos to small claims court?

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I thought something had been posted on this before. Thanks SBN.<br /><br />You get an A for effort though Ladyfish! It's good that you try to keep us neanderthols informed about this stuff! :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by johnson-liner:<br /> I thought something had been posted on this before. Thanks SBN.<br /><br />
Yes it has.

LadyFish

Admiral

Was just meant as a reminder. I'll remind you again in 5 years when you have to resubmit.

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

Now if only they had a list where I could submit my home phone # and let telemarketers call me. For a nominal fee ($$$) of course. :D :D

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey LF.......Do you think this applies to us up north of the border as well? When you say a national do not call list what does this mean exactly? Tks in advance.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

You guys get charged for INCOMING calls? why?<br /><br />We aint been charged for them since the early 90's.