DMV stickers stay on?

Corben

Cadet
Two years ago I bought a Zodiac Zoom 310. Cause I didn't own a outboard yet I didn't register thru DMV. Now I do have a outboard for it and plan on registering it this Friday. But last night I dearmed about trying to get that stupid registration sticker on the side of my Zoom and it just wouldnt stay on! Do we inflatable owners have a problem with getting DMV issued tags and stickers to stay on the sides of our boats?

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer
Re: DMV stickers stay on?

when the D.N.R. gives you the reg# and sticker most either paint the numbers on or mount a board to the inflatable with the numbers on it with sticker

Peter_C

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ssobol

Chief Petty Officer

I use the registration sticker holders on my Zodiac Pro II. If you follow the gluing instructions the holders stay on well. The stickers stay on fine. they have been on for a year already without problems.

The tubes on my boat are PVC so the registration numbers are on with a permanent marker and stencils. Depending on how much sun your boat gets you'd probably have to touch up the numbers once a year.

There have been posts here that say that having a number plate that is tied or somehow lashed to the boat is can get you grief from the authorities in some places. Having painted or glued on numbers is less likely to get you questioned.

Corben

Cadet

Darn it! I was hoping for a reply like "Only in your dreams Corben. State issued stickers stay on forever!" (Hope I dream up wnning lotto numbers)
Well then I guess I'll order a pair of those sticker holder stickers. Thank you Peter for linking me with those.
Corben.

filthy

Cadet

mate, I just carry the sticker in one of those plastic holder thingys in my dry box which i always have when i go fishing and all i did for the numbers was use a good qaulity fabric type duct tape, the good stuff that comes in a bunch o colours, had it on my boat now for over 5 years and havnt changed em once! hope it helps, what hp motor ya get?