Discovery Channels "The flight that fought back"

Kenneth Brown

Captain
This was an amazing show. I know several of you lost loved ones this day 4 years ago. I am sorry if it pains you to think of them. This show has done an excellant job of honoring those that knew what was going to happen. God be with everyones soul who was affected by these acts.

11 footer

Lieutenant
Re: Discovery Channels "The flight that fought back"

I just watched that, too.<br /><br />They did a great job telling the story,.

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

Amen<br /><br />Dave..

ZmOz

Captain

I'm watching it now...I can't believe all this happened 4 years ago. This no commercial thing is really testing my attention span.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I watched it twice yesterday, in it's entirety. It really make's you think what action you would take, if you had the chance, on United flight #93 situation.<br /><br /> ...Bob in Calif...

QC

Supreme Mariner

Are there any replays scheduled? Missed it . . . :(

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very well done movie. They did an impressive job of recreating the event as accurately as possible. I think it was good, for me at least, to once again relive the pain of what happened that day – "Never forget". The real film footage and audio from 9/11 that was included in the movie was used a respectful way and it really brought back the reality and severity of what happened.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> Are there any replays scheduled? Missed it . . . :(
There must be...the discovery channel plays things until their tapes get worn out...

D

DJ

40 families affected. Five represented.<br /><br />I thought several of them seemed to be VERY well "coached". While accurate, for what we know.<br /><br />On the other hand, those family members heard cockpit tapes that NONE of US have heard, so I'll forego my judgement.<br /><br />I would request that others, NOT IN THE KNOW, do the same.

Pony

Rear Admiral

posted by DJ:<br />40 families affected. Five represented.<br />
DJ, that was one of my initial reactions to this "movie", but then i figured that if it were my son or daughter on the plane i doubt i would feel comfortable discussing it in this way....entirely possible that the other 35 families just didnt want to discuss the events publicly.<br /><br />All that being said you are correct in that none of us were even close to being there and I feel based on what WE know, it was well done.

Realgun

Commander

I loved the way the passenegers fought back as they actually had infomation from people on the ground as to what was going to happen. <br />I hated the grandstanding by some of the families.<br />"My kid had to have killed a hijacker he knews Karate," and other such things.<br /><br />This is the stuff that makes me not want to watch.