discount Mercury OEM parts, help

Jomusky

Cadet
I'm looking for a place to save some money on some OEM Mercury parts. I'm in the process of rebuilding my 81' 175Hp V6 and don't want to pay list price at the dealer if I don't have to. The parts I need are all 6 rod bearings and the top crank needle bearing.<br />Do you think it would be ok to buy good used bearings for such a critical part?<br />The reason I'm replacing all the bearings is because it ran lean and the bottom cage failed as well as spalling on the other 2 crank bearing journals. So I found a good used crank but want to replace the other bearings as well, for reliability.<br /><br />Any help is appreciated!

alcan

Commander
Re: discount Mercury OEM parts, help

Hi jomusky<br />Do your friends and family a favor. Spend a little more money,take a little more time and do the job right. Do you install used breaks on your car? A good used crank is one thing. Gaskets,seals,bearings and rings are another.

jwhite

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: discount Mercury OEM parts, help

Send me an email with the serial number and model number off the engine along with a complete list of the parts you need and i will get you a quote on aftermarket parts if available.<br /><br />whitesmarine@tds.net