Digital laser tachometer do they work on outboards

234rick

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Quick question do these $20 laser tach on ebay work & are they any good ??

milmat1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Digital laser tachometer do they work on outboards

Can you post a link to them so we can look at them?

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

theres no reason they wont work .they are real handy for mearuring rpm of many motors elect included.some go up to 99,000 rpm.i want one also!

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

me im thinking of working on several motors ,the tiny tac wouldnt be practical ,for example my 1939 22.5 e rude would be nice to know exactly the rpms at differnt speeds.switch over and tune a race car motor etc,thats why that laser interests me .actually the tiny tac does interest me it might be exactly what i need for the 63 starflite,thanks for the reminder.

coolguy147

Commander

i have the commercial tiny tach. it works very well for me. great customer service. you can program it too! does what i want it to.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

The Tiny Tach is very easy to move to different motors. A two minute deal.

234rick

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Got my tach yesterday & it works good at idle. I'll have to wait till I get out on the river to check high speed. I did have to move the reflective sticker down under the top part of the flywheel. The unpainted edge must have been to reflective.

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Got my tach yesterday & it works good at idle. I'll have to wait till I get out on the river to check high speed. I did have to move the reflective sticker down under the top part of the flywheel. The unpainted edge must have been to reflective.
keep posting the results.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

when I see very low-priced electronics like this, especially when the manufacturer isn't named, makes me suspicious of it being some cheap toy made by children in a third-world nation, so I like to google the model number.

this one has a very legit appearance....

http://www.victorelectronics.com/specifications/dm6234p_specs.htm

the model on ebay looks different from the company website, probably a prior year model bought at close-out or something.