diferent boat stiyles

moshpitdj

Cadet
Re: diferent boat stiyles

I've got a early 70's V-hull (fiberglass
smile.gif
) Here's my question: The boat was made before the hull ID tags were required, now I know it's gotta be before that year, 1972, but after 1970 - how would I find out?? It's a Crownline, but the current company won't have anything to do with me. Thanks alot

runrrob

Cadet

Don't feel bad moshpitdj. I have a 2001 Crownline and the company will have nothing to do with me. They have really bad Customer Service. If you have a situation they don't want to deal with, they will ignore you. They showed me total disrespect and now are ignoring me.

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer

I've got a 16' Modified "V" Welded Jon boat.<br />It's great in the lakes, rivers and a really calm bay, but I'm usually in the bay when its choppy and it literally beats me up.<br /><br />I'm still looking for a center console, but I'm also building a house so some things take priority. I'm hoping I can find something in the fall.<br /><br />Nav :cool:

yensid

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've got a little fiberglass pro-style bass boat.<br /><br />moshpitdj, if you check back on this, I found out the year on an old boat by checking with the DMV when renewing the tags. It was on the original registration information.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

65 Johnson,<br /><br />What kind of "flat bottom boat" do you have?<br /><br />My son has a Lowe 1760 jon boat that is outstanding on flat water - fishing or hunting (60 hp ob). Stinks in any kind of chop.<br /><br />I have a Lowe V17 bass boat that is great in light chop and not bad on flat water because of the 60" bottom width.<br /><br />Semper Gumby<br />tcube

River Rat 01

Seaman Apprentice

I've got a 1960's Shell Lake, v bow with a flat stern. And thanks for the info on Crownline/Silverline. Was thinking about buying one until I saw this. Happy Boating <br /><br /> RR01 :D

urcowboy

Cadet

I've got a '76 Mark Twain 17' fiberglass tri-hull w/ a 50 hp Evinrude that handles really well. (Just a little slow :p )

Catamaran

Recruit

I have a 22' Leader catamaran. It's the best fishing boat I have ever ridden. Took her out in Florida a couple weeks ago in 8-foot waves and she handled like a champ. Best investment I ever made.

jdenton

Seaman Apprentice

I have a 94 Ranger 481VS w/ 94 Merc 150 XRi. 19'6" long 92" wide. Has factory 16" setback for motor. Factory rigged with 5 blade Hi-Five prop. Comes up on plane like a dream and runs 64 @5400. Handles the water like most Rangers (very well). Have gotten hooked on muskie fishing and will fish some muskie tournies next year. I need to convert my big front dry storage area to a livewell for those muskie tournies.<br /><br />My friend will be receiving his new custom 23' flat bottom War Eagle boat. He is putting a 200hp Johnson on it. The factory couldn't give him any knowledge of performance, because this the first 200 they have ever mounted on their boats. It is 96" wide. Talk about a battle ship. Can't wait for our maiden voyage this weekend. By the way he is a water fowl nut and has recently taken up fishing.

Diesel

Cadet

15'6" Silverstreak modified deep V with reverse chines (4"). 90 hp Yamaha Precision blend with power tilt and trim with GT cavitation plate fins. 25 imp gal welded aluminum bow tank. 8 hp 4stroke Honda aux/fishing motor.<br /><br />Still working on the prop choice. Currently running a 17" pitch but with two people and full fuel only getting 4700 rpm. Don't know if it's worth going down to a 15" pitch or not.