Did your boat have a

8AteEight

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I guess Ill go first:
When I bought it. It was the middle of January, 30ish below Zero; and an '85 Tara shows up in a used car lot. Some guy dumped it to trade for a 4wd.
These guys were very much Car sailsmen. They touted the fishfinder and tires (both garbage) and were telling me how it was 7500 and worth so much more. It took a week to get them to lift a finger and let me go look at it.

I had to shovel a foot of snow off the tarp. (I was not impressed) Got in and there was 2 inches of ice above the carpet (was even less impressed) I pulled the Doghouse and looked around: a merc 170 (again, not impressed) Then I pulled the dipstick, Chocolate Milk (SOOOOOOO not impressed) The salesman knew it was worthless then.

I offered him 500 bux, and after stalling, he said he'd call me with an answer. I waited the better part of a week, then called them. He's not in, so I leave a message. Again, no call. I wait till the next week, and stop in again. Talked to other salesman who says origional guy "parted ways". Great!!! now I gotta go thru the whole mess again. This guys not too excited when I explain said story to him. He does the "will call" again, and Im losing hope. But, he does call back, says to stop in.

I drop back, and he says "boss wont take a penny less than $1000" I actually laughed at him (didnt mean to) and he just looks at me, straight faced as ever. Im like Best-o-Luck to ya, and walk out.

About 3 hours later, he calls back, says my offer was accepted, and I dropped in a day later with the Check (another story on the check) So, thats how I got my boat, and for pocket change too.

PS, I had to change the oil, run it, and change it again. but since then, There hasnt been a drop of water in the oil. 8)

8AteEight

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Did your boat have a

Sorry, this shouldve been in the Dockside area.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Sounds like you got a deal. How's the floor? With all that snow and ice on it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I guess the car lot did the SHT this time.

jall65

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Don't you just love giving it to the car salesman for a changed:)

8AteEight

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah, It was good to have the tables turned, sometimes.

The floor is a lil soft in the back, a couple really bad spots.

Does anyone have any other "unique" stories, anything out of the ordinary??

crunch

Commander

The floor is a lil soft in the back, a couple really bad spots.

Does anyone have any other "unique" stories, anything out of the ordinary??

Sounds like you might have a thread upcoming over on the restoration forum titled "floor, stringers, transom"... not a unique story, nor anything out of the ordinary, but you will find a lot of help and interest.

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

except for the deal the guy got on the car he bought?