Did a search...no help....carb rebuild ??

Alws55

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The looks like original cork float is varnished up looks like it was varnished LOL.....the float arm seems to be in good condition the attachment to the cork that is...should it be replaced in this condition? Also the hinge pin was not included in the carb kit....this is a non-metallic part, should it be replaced regardless of its condition since it can cause slop in the movement. Thanks for any replies!

Walker

Captain
Re: Did a search...no help....carb rebuild ??

The cork float is varnished. Put it in a bowl of fuel and see if it floats. It shoul be way up on top of the fuel. If it floats high and the metal arm is not loose then its probably okay.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

You might be able to get a new non-cork float from your local John/Rude dealer. I'm supposing you bought an after market kit for the carb...that's why there is no float in it. The OEM kits have the new type float and hinge pin. Do the test like Walker suggests and go from there.

surlyjoe

Chief Petty Officer

if you cant find one, they had another one down at the local shop when I got mine. 12 bucks, I'll ship it to ya if you buy the stamps

Alws55

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Scrumbler,<br /> Is that a cork float & pin your offering? If so I'll take it.<br /><br />What an awesome job on your restoration project. Those motors blew me away. Great job on the boat also, I've done Lyman woodies. It was neat to see a glass job. Was that a '60 75V? Just picked up a '61 which I'm working on now.