DF40 Fuel Line Questions

Good day! I have a 2008 Suzuki DF40 that I messed around and left sitting for too long. As a result of that, and I suspect using ethanol gasoline in the engine, I had to have the fuel pump replaced and the injectors removed and cleaned at a Suzuki shop. Sad part is the engine only had 48 hours on it - but that's another story. The shop also found some black sludge at the bottom of my fuel tank. I've tried multiple chemicals to clean out the sludge, and I've removed most of it, but some still remains. While it doesn't look like any of the sludge is breaking up and getting in the fuel line, I plan to put an inline filter on the line. So - I said all that to ask this:

1. Will putting a fuel filter, such as an Attwood 12562-6, over-constrict the flow of fuel to my engine?

2. Where is the best place to insert the filter? Right after the tank? Just before the primer bulb? Right after the primer bulb?

3. I noticed that my fuel system utilizes 3/8"id (350-0380) fuel line from the tank to the primer bulb, but then uses a much smaller id line from the primer bulb to the engine. Why???

Thanks,
Steve

racerone

Supreme Mariner
It only need a small line in that location.-----And how much money has been spent so far in getting it to run ?----There are filters on these motors but if you want you can add one of those water separating units that fits inside on the transom.