Dewinterize F150

larryo

Seaman Apprentice
What's involved with dewinterizing a F 150 4 stroke Yamaha and freshwater washdown ? Is this question too general ? Don't see much in the manual ,hate too blow a couple hundred if it's basic enough for me to do . Had full winterization done this fall , have some mechanical aptitude . Engine has 30 hrs on it . Thanks .

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Dewinterize F150

Add fresh fuel and start it up. It may smoke a bit until fogging oil (if used) burns off and it may be a bit difficult to start due to that as well. If it doesn't start readily, pull the plugs and clean them or install new ones. Other than that, the engine oil, filter and lower unit lub should have been changed as part of the winterization process so it should be ready to go. Check the oil level to make sure its full. You would not be the first person to have an oil change, have the tech interrupted, and then forget to add oil. Check your work order to see what was done.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

dunno, and no one else does either.
I have actually seen a few that the winterizers loosened the timing belt adjuster.
what you have to do is know exactly what was done.
if I winterized it? it would be fire it up and go play.
however not all places do the same steps.
so with no further information its kind of a how high is high question.

larryo

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks , I think I'll be ok . Will have a short talk with the dealer before proceeding , hope he doesn"t clam up on me . Don't see anything unusual on winterizing receipt .