Developing Story...

KaGee

Admiral
Fox News has reported a "very large" explosion near an Iranian facility under construction. Said construction was a nuclear plant. Claims Iran is blaming a missle from an unknown aircraft.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Developing Story...

Updated: 9:03 a.m. ET Feb. 16, 2005TEHRAN, Iran - An unknown aircraft fired a missile on Wednesday in a deserted area near the southern city of Dailam in the province of Bushehr where Iran has a nuclear power plant, Iranian state television said.<br /><br />"A powerful explosion was heard this morning on the outskirts of Dailam in the Bushehr province. Witnesses said that the missile was fired from an unknown plane 12 miles from the city," Iran's Arabic language Al-Alam said, according to Reuters.<br /><br />Separately, the Associated Press quoted an Iranian Interior Ministry spokesman, who said that he could not confirm reports that anti-aircraft fire has been shot off near an Iranian nuclear facility.<br /><br />And Reuters reported an Israeli security source, who denied any Israeli involvement in the reported explosion.<br /><br />Iran's Russian-built 1,000-megawatt nuclear reactor, its only nuclear power plant, is due to start operating in Bushehr province in late 2005.

gaugeguy

Captain

Sounds like Iran is now saying they accidentally dropped a fuel tank from a plane that caused the explosion :confused:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Please.....tell me we won't have to send money for another relief fund. Please, please. No more donations.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> Sounds like Iran is now saying they accidentally dropped a fuel tank from a plane that caused the explosion :confused:
GG... I was never in the military, seems to me that a fuel tank alone could not cause an explosion of the magnitude they are claiming??

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> Sounds like Iran is now saying they accidentally dropped a fuel tank from a plane that caused the explosion :confused:
GG... I was never in the military, seems to me that a fuel tank alone could not cause an explosion of the magnitude they are claiming??
I dunno, maybe Baghdad Bob is now the Iranian Information Minister :confused:

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

It looks like the Iranian is looking for a fall guy and why do they keep looking at Uncle Sam as the guilty person???

NYMINUTE

Captain

Iran has no information, they are full of bull-*hit.