Depth Finder installation

WanabeBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a Depth/Fish finder that has been installed for 3 years, but the transducer was never routed through the hull/trans of the boat. I have been weary about drilling a hole through the boat. Would someone please advise me on the best way to drill the hole, where to drill and once I route the line through, what type of epoxy to use to seal the hole. I have come to finally drilling the hole because the transducer cord is lapped over the swim platform and was a real pain last year. Any help would be appreciated.

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Depth Finder installation

i ran mine straight up the transom with one small holding clamp to just under my swim platform. then i triple checked where i was going to come through in the engine compartment. my transducer came with a small through hull fitting and that's the size drill bit i used. i just drilled straight and true. after the through hull fitting was screwed to the outside of the transom with the wire fed through, i backfilled the hole from inside with marine silicone. heres a pic of the install kit with the fitting circled in red

360034.jpg