Deleting Posts

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I accidentally created a duplicate post. How do you delete a post that you just created moments before?

Fun Times

Staff member
I accidentally created a duplicate post. How do you delete a post that you just created moments before?
I believe it's set up here on iboats that only the mod's can "delete" the post or thread.....If you still see the edit button icon, you could remove the contents of the post and title too and maybe say please delete in the title so one of sees it.

Or best/quickest way would be to either report the post or topic.... Or of course in your case you could link it here too. ;) But that mentioned, I'll probably find it right after posting this message. ;)

Edit: Found it and you should of received an "alert" message saying the post was removed from sight....As an example for others reading this, Here the link to the removed post as it should go to nothing now, https://forums.iboats.com/threads/broken-spindle.740385/post-5620543

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I believe it's set up here on iboats that only the mod's can "delete" the post or thread.....If you still see the edit button icon, you could remove the contents of the post and title too and maybe say please delete in the title so one of sees it.

Or best/quickest way would be to either report the post or topic.... Or of course in your case you could link it here too. ;) But that mentioned, I'll probably find it right after posting this message. ;)

Edit: Found it and you should of received an "alert" message saying the post was removed from sight....As an example for others reading this, Here the link to the removed post as it should go to nothing now, https://forums.iboats.com/threads/broken-spindle.740385/post-5620543
Got it...thanks.

On other forums, you can delete in the same time period that you are given to edit. Is that not an option with the new software?

Fun Times

Staff member
Yes I happen to know it's an option by xenforo and it's up to the hosts to turn it on or off....I'm pretty sure it's turned off here though especially if you can not seem to located it in any of YOUR post/thread "tool" options usually found in a drop_down icon box maybe with an down arrow or the three vertical dots somewhere on the page once you're in "edit mode".

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Got it...thanks.

On other forums, you can delete in the same time period that you are given to edit. Is that not an option with the new software?
In both the old and new forum - Members couldn't/can't delete posts because once a post or thread is started it's visible to members and can replied to. Deleting can cause issues with PO'ed members, especially deleting the first post which deletes the thread and any subsequent posts in the thread.

We lock or close hijacked old threads instead of deleting so post counts aren't affected. Many are very protective of their post numbers.