DECARB QUESTION?

Selles

Petty Officer 3rd Class
SOME PEOPLE SAID IS GOOD TO USE CARB. CLEANER WHEN MOTOR IS RUNNING, OTHERS SAID IS BAD FOR THE CRANK BEARINGS...

ZmOz

Captain
Re: DECARB QUESTION?

NO CARB CLEANER IN A 2 CYCLE MOTOR!!!!

Paul Moir

Admiral

Decarb - Clean combustion chamber and exhaust of carbon. Any outboard dealer will have a brand to sell:<br />OMC/BRP - OMC/BRP Engine Tuner<br />Mercury/Mariner - Mercury PowerTune<br />Yamaha - Yamaha RingFree<br />Like ZmOz said, no carburetor cleaner!<br /><br />EDIT: Looks like I'm following you around today Middleground. Sorry about the post collision. :)

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Confusion may be the abbreviated "decarb". "Carb" in this situation means carbon, not carburetor. Some types carbon cleaner are good when the motor is running, carburetor cleaner is not.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Your oil is in the gas in a two stroke...would you use straight gas in it? Thats what you are doing spraying carb cleaner in a running two stroke, only 100 times worse.

conchecko

Cadet

Well men, I recently "decarbed" my outboard via "Seafoam" through separate gas can mixed with appropriote oil (50:1) and suggested amount of fuel. 3/4 gallon of gas to 16oz of seafoam and proper oil mix. There was no damage, i increased my compression by 25psi. after my "witchs brew" emptied out, i re-attached oem fuel line and sprayed other "Seafoam" additive "Deep Creep" in throats of carbs while running just off idle in gear. I did this by advice of others on this site, i agree it didn't clean my carbs despite running it in fuel line, but WOW! it did exactly what it said.....DECARB'D!<br /> I am not a beleiver in "snake oils", however unless you have used this or other products, one can't criticize. the proof is in the pudd'n!!<br />Talk to local jobbers/garages about this, you will be suprised at opinions.<br />-------------------------------------------------<br />tightlines,<br />Conchecko

conchecko

Cadet

Yes i realize, but if you look into this product, its use extends far beyond marine applications to automobiles and other 4 stroke engines with equally postive benefits.<br />If you like some more facts on its multi-use, visit web site www.seafoamsales.com <br />-------------------------------------------------<br />Conchecko