Decal removal

Dale002

Seaman Apprentice
What is the best way to remove decoration decals off the side of the hull? I tried peeling it off but it seems like it's bake on. Only very small pieces will come off.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Decal removal

Heat, as in a hair dryer or a very carefully used heat gun. Residual glue can be removed with Goof Off or some similiar product. Do not use a razor blade or anything along that line - a piece of plastic ( like a credit card ) will do just fine for scraping.

cbear34

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Like DC said, use heat. The idea is to soften the glue so you can peel it off. If the glue is still warm you might be able to rub it off. Then use a cleaner to clean the remainder.;)

Dale002

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks, I will give it a try in the next few days. what would be good to clean stains off the hull? soil,grime,oil.

cbear34

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What kind of surface is the hull, painted, gelcoat or aluminum?

mattttt25

Commander

blow dryer works. also walk around any good boating supply store and you can find products you spray on the decals to help remove. don't have brand names for you, but you'll find them. have worked for me.

Stuff4Toys

Cadet

Heat will soften up the glue so you can peal the stickers off and Goo Gone, Goof Off, or a little harsher Carb Cleaner will cleanup the residue. Be very patient, very patient, very patient, very (you get it)

JOhn ><>