Deadliest Catch on Discovery Channel

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Deadliest Catch on Discovery Channel

Did'nt really plan on watching it, but i'm gonna give it a look-see... :cool:

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I have seen the other shows on the king crab fisheries. if its not the same one as the last I will watch it. man what a dangerous gig in ten days you can make a bundle of coins but the possibility of death or getting permanantly mangled is extreme. your time in the water even with a mustang suit is measured in minutes. the last show actually had the deck film footage of a man getting snatched over. was incredible

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I've seen it about 4 times. That's enough.

brother chris

Commander

I am going to watch it now that I know it exists. <br />Thanks for the heads up.<br />B.C.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

This is a NEW series...182 on dish network. I have it set to record so I can watch it latter. Not only will I watch it but I anticipate watching it, I'll watch anything on commercial fishing boats....I just lovwe that stuff!!~

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

neumanns. <br /> I never tried the king crab but I have spent a many an hour setting and pulling nets and crab pots. gets old rather rapidly and the money aint worth it.<br /> way moire work than I care to but out although some days you could grab a 5ooo dolar paycheck. just does not make up for the weeks of hard work and nothing. I have seen a 1000 yard net pull not have enough fish to make gas money much less any pay for a 4 man crew.<br />or ya get 4500 pounds of spot and think man its a good day cause we had 300 pounds yesterday and got 55 cents a pound, get to the fish market and today everybody has spots and they are woth 10 cents a pound. what do ya do? ya have 4K pounds of dead fish in the truck. most all my family is commercial. me I found a better way.

dolluper

Captain

Nope the attennavision doesn't pull it in :mad: :D

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Same as Neumanns here...I love watching anything to do with fishing, especially commercial fishing/crabbing. It's something I've always wanted to do. I tend to like the dangerous aspect to it and am someone who really enjoys physical labor. Sitting inside in a cube for the last 5 years, mostly the fact that I've come to rely on what I'm making now, is killing me. The time is coming for this guy to take a couple steps back in order to make a move forward in a different direction. I'm a little scared and very eager at the same time.<br /><br />Thanks for posting about this show I almost forgot. Not that they won't replay it 50 times in the next month anyway! :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Rodbolt...I hear ya, I worked as a header on a gulf shrimp trawl on a percentage of the take. One major breakdown taken out of the share before the crew get's there piece...didn't take me long to see the light. Even with my little expierence it is toufgh to get it out of my blood.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Even for all that money, I'm not sure I have the ability to work 96 straight hours without rest. I think after 48 I'd be a danger to myself.

gaugeguy

Captain

Flipping through the channels last night I came across it and watched it for the first 5 minutes, and to my suprise it was a new one I hadn't seen. Then when a commercial came on I flipped to the History Channel and Band of Brothers was on so I watched that instead.

mattttt25

Commander

new show fellas, you haven't seen it. i also saw the other show numerous times. that was a one show special. this is a multiple show series. should be good.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

AARRGGH!! I got tied up last night and missed it!! Oh well, I'm sure they will replay it a million times..

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

So I want to hear from you guys that have done this before.....is the show accurate or did it seem to have some editing "magic" happening? What was innacurate and what was right on the mark? Curious....

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

My kinda TV, Funny though I would have thought the marine would have faired better than surfer boy. And that converted shrimp trawl without it's stabilizer is gonna be in for a long roufgh ride me thinks.

LadyFish

Admiral

I watched it and I agree with neumanns about the stabalizer. I'm looking forward to more episodes.<br /><br />How expensive are stabalizers? When you are a trip like that it seems and extra one or two would be smart.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by neumanns:<br /> Funny though I would have thought the marine would have faired better than surfer boy.
He was a Navy diver, not a Marine :p

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Lf...very inexpensive but uncommon to lose one, they are just welded steel. Proabaly just a case of carying spares for critacal items and it is not critical, just crew comfort.<br /><br />Navy...My bad, could you enlighten me on the diffrence :D , on second thought let's skip that disertation. :p