Dead Fish Finder/Suggestions for replacement

Knightgang

Lieutenant
I am planning on getting my boat in my driveway in the next month and begin getting her prepared to go back in the water. For a lot of reasons, she has been sitting up for about 3 years... I know all that I need to check, replace and inspect before the next launch, and one of the things I will need is a new Fish Finder...mine is dead...

I am on a tight budget, so the more inexpensive the better. At Bass Pro, I see Eagles, Hummingbirds and Garmins for $130 down to $79. Are any of these really worth having? If so, which ones do you suggest...

I rely on them heavily for Depth Sounding while underway in our coastal waterways, and I am looking for one that has a clear screen resolution for fishing as well. I have read some of the reviews on these products and they vary in their comments so it is hard to form a good opinion.

Please, give me your thoughts and suggestions as well as where might be the best place to buy. I am open to iboats, bass pro or anywhere online where I can get a fair deal and customer service should there be a problem.

Thanks...

Knightgang

Lieutenant
Re: Dead Fish Finder/Suggestions for replacement

Bump... I think this is the first time that i have ever started a thread that went this long without a reply. What's up with that...

I could really use the help and suggestions. Christmas is not that far away and I need to get my list out to a few people...

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

Like everything else, you get what you pay for. Since you mentioned resolution is important to you, get the one with the highest pixel count you can afford.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Resolution on a budget means you are in "gray scale" territory. My choice would be the Eagle 320 or 460. Both in the $1xx.00 range.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Could be that there is not much of a market for a "dead fish finder". I would instead look for a "live fish finder".

Knightgang

Lieutenant

Could be that there is not much of a market for a "dead fish finder". I would instead look for a "live fish finder".

Funny^^^^^. Once I find them, I am planning that as many as quota allows will end up dead, on my grill...

I am not concerned about being in color, greyscale is fine with me. On my boat, it gets used primarily as depth finder as out ICW has alot of shallows and there are a TON of small creeks and slews that run in the marsh... But, I do want one that will Find Fish so that I can better obtain a catch for my boys...