Daylight Savings?

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class
I personally am in favor of daylight savings. I have heard recently that "they" whoever that is, are considering extending daylight savings for another month in the fall, and starting earlier in the spring. I am all for it. I guess on the face of it, it really doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean really you could just get up earlier, but I like starting work earlier and getting off earlier in the daylight.<br /><br />What's your thoughts?

springhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Daylight Savings?

It makes some sense. When fishing in the fall an extra hour of daylight at night would be good for the month of November.

Chief101

Chief Petty Officer

I don't know that daylight savings will alter the number of hours in a day. I hear that it does but I can make no sense of it. In the middle of winter we have less than 8 hours of daylight per day, and, in the middle of summer I can make a 6am tee time and don't have to pull in the fishing poles until near 11pm. I can't see where changing the numbers on the clock will do anything but alter my tee times. I'll just fish after dark if necessary. ;)

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Be very careful of daylight savings. It fades the curtains.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Why change at all????<br /><br />Just leave it where it is and fuggedaboudit!!!!<br /><br />That's my .02

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I like it because it creates more useful daylight during a "normal" working hours. Most of us start work on a riggid schedule so that if we wished to leave work an hour earlier, we are not free to just start work an hour earlier. Many of us have to coordinate time schedules with others therefore an hour or so shift in time would be problematic. By having a time that is standardized helps coordinate activities. For those that dont have to follow this kind of schedule, they can make adjustments at will. I would like to keep the DST all year rather than make the 2 transitions every year.<br />If DST doesn't work out in some special cases, an adjustment to starting times could be implemented in those area (school starting time, time to feed the livestock).

AzMeadMan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We don't have DST here in the desert, and haven't for years, except for the Rez up north. I can see where it might help some, but out here anyone that want's to, construction and outside workers mostly, just change their hours. The only real drawback is it changes the cable hours so everything starts either an hour later or earlier.

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

Personally, I think they should move the clocks 1/2 hour and then leave it there. Up in the northern area's of the country, no matter where they set it, someone is going to go to school/work in the dark, or, come home in the dark (Only 8 hours of light in the Winter and 8 hours of dark in the Summer).<br /><br />Craig