Daylight Savings Time $$$$

NYMINUTE

Captain
More Indiana stupidity…. Mitch “the Booger” Daniels wants Indiana to adopt Daylight Savings Time to boost commerce. Currently most of the state just switches time zones, Central to Eastern (Fall) and reverse in the spring. (Clock changing is very COMPLICATED!) How in heck will commerce be benefited when we are already in a 24/7/365 society? The thought of a west coast buyer being missed because we are EST is insane. We have Fax, email, voice mail, call forwarding, websites for global customers. There is no barrier to buying. So here we have 200 overpaid politicians debating DST in Indiana. Talk abut wasting tax dollars.<br />What an embarrassment.

Twidget

Commander
Re: Daylight Savings Time $$$$

Another one of Ben Franklins inventions. It saves on candles. :)

dolluper

Captain

It least their not wasting it on a muti-million dollar study WHoops maybe I gave them an idea They waste so much on consluates and studies up here you wouldn't believe and real stupid stuff too OH to be a politican What doesn't make since ends up making since [in their minds only]

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That's alright NY, our General Assembly in Virginia spent time debating whether to make it a $50 fine to have one's underwear exposed because of sagging pants!<br /><br />I think it was defeated because of pressure from the plumbers lobby. :p

Bondo

Staff member

Well,........... I'm Glad,... It's About Time that Indiana came into the 20th Century ...............<br /><br />I'm an Ex-Trucker....... <br />Imagine This,...<br />I'm Running with My foot in the pump, trying to make a delivery in the above mentioned area........... I'm running Close, But I'm Going to make it.......It Doesn't Matter if I'm Running East, or West, or North, or South...... I pull into My delivery customer,+ the Doors are Locked Up,+ Just a Guard is there.....<br />" I have a delivery, Where Is Everybody ?????"<br />"Gone Home....."<br />"What,?? It's Only ??o'clock ??!!!"<br />"Nope,...... It's ##o'clock Here......"<br />"What-da-ya-Mean..??? the Time Zone is 50 Miles West of Here....."<br /><br />"Naw,.... That's Only Sometimes..........Come back in the Morning......."<br /><br />So I miss My Return/ Next Load,...And, Loose the Revenue from it..............<br /><br />Been There,....... Done That........ It $uck$......<br /><br />Not All Commerce happens on Paper, Or Eletronically......

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Spot on Bondo. 22 years out there and know what you are saying.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

you non-conformists really play heck with scheduling an airline, too.<br /><br />But actually it's the rest of the country that needs to join Indiana in the 20th century, IMHO.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

And that extra hour of daylight tends to burn up young tomato plants in the spring.

Carphunter

Commander

Boy, I sure would hate to live in that stupid "Hoosier" state. ;)

spratt

Lieutenant

OK, here is what is happening to youse guys...EverReady, RayOVac, and others are not getting battery sales they want, so if you guys would all just swap out all your batteries every time the rest of the world goes into DST, things would settle down...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> Boy, I sure would hate to live in that stupid "Hoosier" state. ;)
Hey Carpy, Long time no comment? Whats your take on the DST? Up here nobody cares either way. Seems like alot of $ spent? ;)

Carphunter

Commander

NYMINUTE, I would certainly like to remain on daylight savings time year round. It gives me much more time after work to chase them wild critters around the woods. :p <br /><br />
NYMINUTE said:<br />Hey Carpy, Long time no comment?
I comment less so my comments mean more. ;) <br /><br />(BTW, If you look at my past comments, they really don't mean nothin, so I don't know who i'm tryin to kid.) :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I gots to say it's good for the kids getting on the bus.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> NYMINUTE, I would certainly like to remain on daylight savings time year round. It gives me much more time after work to chase them wild critters around the woods. :p <br /><br />
NYMINUTE said:<br />Hey Carpy, Long time no comment?
I comment less so my comments mean more. ;) <br /><br />(BTW, If you look at my past comments, they really don't mean nothin, so I don't know who i'm tryin to kid.) :p
Being form NY DST is no big issue, like it alot in summer. Where we are Central may be a better bet, Sunset at 9:45 in July may be tough on us factory guys that start at 5 AM. Guess out "leaders" will decide.

Homerr

Commander

I'm all for leaving the time alone.<br /><br />Forward or back... Just leave the dang thing alone!<br /><br />H.