Daughter Needs a Prayer or Two

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
I have a grown daughter who was diagnosed as being Bi-Polar + ADD about five years ago. She had been doing great for the last couple of years but recently had a relapse and is dealing with an "episode" as I hit the keyboard. <br /><br />Please add her to your prayer list if you are a praying sort and if not toss one out anyway. He does hear - -

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Daughter Needs a Prayer or Two

I will pray for her and for you to have the wisdom to know how you can help her.

ob

Admiral

Plenty of hope and prayer for everyone Solittle.Consider it done on my end.My mothers church group are in close standing with the ONE and your daughter will be added to the Our Lady of Mt.Carmel prayer list in Portland Texas.Great thing about hope and prayer is that it has no expiration date and I can attest first hand that it is as real as the word real.I also know how dear a son and daghter is to a parent and my heart goes out to you. Hang strong.<br /><br />Post her name if you wish as the priest makes verbal mention of each person added to the list at mass.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

SoLittle, it is done here at the Spinner house rest assured.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Consider it done. My father has also been diagnosed with bi-polar depression. He has been in and out of the VA hospital many, many times over the last 5 years. Sometimes for only a day or 2, sometimes for 2-3 weeks at a time. Learning to deal with this is probably the hardest thing I've ever done. I truly feel your pain.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Been there (Bipolar). Not a praying person, but my best hopes and wishes are with your daughter, SoLittle.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Consider it done.<br />Bassy

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SoLittle, Your daughter is in the prayers of the D household. Best wishes!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I feel for you guy. Know what your going through. My son Carl (bi-polar) is doing pretty good on his meds as long as he doesn't self medicate with illegal drugs. Prayers will be said for you and your daughter. Hope things get better for you and your family.

LadyFish

Admiral

My prayer's are with your daughter and you and the rest of the family as well.<br /><br />I have two adult friends that are bi-polar. Even today the docs change their medication from time to time to ensure there aren't any episodes. I know it can be hardest on those that love them.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Absolutely.<br /><br />Bob

Carphunter

Commander

You will all be in our prayers SoLittle, thats for sure.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SoLittle,<br />You and your daughter have my prayers. There is hope for this condition. I have a good friend who's wife has this condition in the worst way and has gone through some very tough times. It even put him in the hospital for stress related issues. The good news is that she's doing quite well now. I talked to her last week and she is quite upbeat. <br />-Joe

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Your response has been the highlight of my day. With all the pain and suffering in our families (and in our world) there is hope when we band together even as strangers in prayer.<br /><br />Her name is Lani. My son and I had to bring her home from her place about 200 miles north of here a week ago. It has been a rough week but tonight she seems to just a tad better.<br /><br />God bless -

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I gotta get me a notepad to keep up with all of the prayer requests but its fine with me, I don't mind talking to the man upstairs at all. Hope she gets better.

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for letting us know. Your daughter is now in our prayers too. BV